Thread poster: nikoniko4649
nikoniko4649
nikoniko4649  Identity Verified
Japan
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you jyuan for a different take on this topic Oct 19, 2013

jyuan_us wrote:

Actually any one could. However, someone without a formal medical education would not be able to judge what is right and what is wrong. A concept can easily be translated to the opposite of their intended meaning but the translator themselves might not realize it. That could cost lives.

If I were a client, I would not use anyone without a medical background.

[Edited at 2013-10-19 07:34 GMT]

I absolutely agree that someone with a formal medical education should not venture into the specialized areas in this field.

However, as Emma & philgoddard had mentioned, there do seem to be documents which can be handled by those having limited medical knowledge or that which can be checked using the various tools & means available online. And I am aware that those with the required skill set will always have the first priority. So I want to try such areas which can be learnt as a novice....and if I ever get a chance to work in the related field in the future, probably that could help me to move up.

I hope to absorb as much information from this thread, combined with a lot of reading. Even I am clear that this cannot be achieved in such short span of time...!

nikoniko4649
nikoniko4649  Identity Verified
Japan
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
my responses have vanished ! Oct 19, 2013

philgoddard wrote:

... I've done large numbers of patient information sheets, consent forms and ethics committee correspondence, despite having limited medical knowledge.

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

I wouldn't like an investigator's brochure or a clinical trial protocol to fall into inexpert hands though...

thanks philgoddard & Emma....
(I replied to this post earlier but now that has vanished from this thread ! )

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Clinical trial translation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »