Thread poster: nikoniko4649
nikoniko4649
nikoniko4649  Identity Verified
Japan
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you jyuan for a different take on this topic Oct 19, 2013

jyuan_us wrote:

Actually any one could. However, someone without a formal medical education would not be able to judge what is right and what is wrong. A concept can easily be translated to the opposite of their intended meaning but the translator themselves might not realize it. That could cost lives.

If I were a client, I would not use anyone without a medical background.

[Edited at 2013-10-19 07:34 GMT]

I absolutely agree that someone with a formal medical education should not venture into the specialized areas in this field.

However, as Emma & philgoddard had mentioned, there do seem to be documents which can be handled by those having limited medical knowledge or that which can be checked using the various tools & means available online. And I am aware that those with the required skill set will always have the first priority. So I want to try such areas which can be learnt as a novice....and if I ever get a chance to work in the related field in the future, probably that could help me to move up.

I hope to absorb as much information from this thread, combined with a lot of reading. Even I am clear that this cannot be achieved in such short span of time...!

nikoniko4649
nikoniko4649  Identity Verified
Japan
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
my responses have vanished ! Oct 19, 2013

philgoddard wrote:

... I've done large numbers of patient information sheets, consent forms and ethics committee correspondence, despite having limited medical knowledge.

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

I wouldn't like an investigator's brochure or a clinical trial protocol to fall into inexpert hands though...

thanks philgoddard & Emma....
(I replied to this post earlier but now that has vanished from this thread ! )

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Clinical trial translation

Translation news

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »