Is this normal?
Autor de la hebra: springie
springie
springie
Local time: 13:37
inglés al rumano
Jan 23, 2008

My document shows, after translation, both source and translated text, after working with wordfast, plus some numbers into brackets. Is this normal?
I worked with a demo version, and there was no problem, until some certain moment, when this problem occured. I thought it is because of the demo version, but now I use the full one, and it is the same. Maybe I activated some option and I do not know, I am at the very beginning with wordfast.
Thank you, and I hope I do not look too stupi
... See more
My document shows, after translation, both source and translated text, after working with wordfast, plus some numbers into brackets. Is this normal?
I worked with a demo version, and there was no problem, until some certain moment, when this problem occured. I thought it is because of the demo version, but now I use the full one, and it is the same. Maybe I activated some option and I do not know, I am at the very beginning with wordfast.
Thank you, and I hope I do not look too stupid asking this.
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finlandia
Miembro 2003
finlandés al alemán
+ ...
Yes Jan 23, 2008

What you describe is the bilingual document. You have to clean it in order to get the target document only. Go to Tools-Cleanup and chose Update TM. After cleanup the bilingual document will have the extension .bak.
And read the manual, please!
Cheers
Heinrich

springie
springie
inglés al rumano
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
Thank you Jan 23, 2008

Thank you, you are a life saver!
I am waiting for my baby to come to this world these week, and my mind is a little "scattered".
All the best for you!

Elena Bellucci
Elena Bellucci
Local time: 12:37
Miembro 2003
inglés al italiano
+ ...
To hide... Jan 23, 2008

If you want to hide the brackets and numbers while you are still working on the text, go under Tools>Options in Word and unmark the option to view Hidden Text (I'm not sure how it is called in your MSWord version).

[Edited at 2008-01-23 13:25]

springie
springie
inglés al rumano
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
thanks! Jan 23, 2008

Thank you both, your answers are exactly what I needed!

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
Francia
Local time: 12:37
Miembro 2006
francés al inglés
shortcut key Feb 5, 2008

Elena Bellucci wrote:

If you want to hide the brackets and numbers while you are still working on the text, go under Tools>Options in Word and unmark the option to view Hidden Text (I'm not sure how it is called in your MSWord version).

[Edited at 2008-01-23 13:25]

Or use the MS Word shortcut key CTL + ,

John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is this normal?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »