Looking for a good Spanish>English Construction and Civil Engineering Dictionary
Téma indítója: Collin Stewart
Collin Stewart
Collin Stewart  Identity Verified
Egyesült Államok
Local time: 07:29
spanyol - angol
+ ...
Oct 3, 2014

I recently purchased Thomas West's Spanish-English Dictionary of Law and Business, and it has been very helpful for legal translations. My other area of specialization is construction/civil engineering, and I am wondering if there is a paper dictionary that is as authoritative and comprehensive for construction/civil engineering as West's is for law and business.

A quick Google search has turned up a couple of options: The Wiley Dictionary of Civil Engineering and Constru
... See more
I recently purchased Thomas West's Spanish-English Dictionary of Law and Business, and it has been very helpful for legal translations. My other area of specialization is construction/civil engineering, and I am wondering if there is a paper dictionary that is as authoritative and comprehensive for construction/civil engineering as West's is for law and business.

A quick Google search has turned up a couple of options: The Wiley Dictionary of Civil Engineering and Construction: English-Spanish/Spanish-English by Felicitas Kennedy, and the Engineers' Dictionary, Spanish-English, English-Spanish by Louis A. Robb. Can anyone tell me what they think of these dictionaries, or recommend a different one? Thanks!
Collapse

Collin Stewart
Egyesült Államok
spanyol - angol
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
A few more dictionaries Oct 3, 2014

After a bit more searching I found three other dictionaries that might meet my needs:

DICCIONARIO DE ARQUITECTURA, CONSTRUCCÍON Y OBRAS PUBLICAS by Putnam, R.E.

DICCIONARIO TÉCNICO INGLÉS-ESPAÑOL/ESPAÑOL-INGLÉS by Beigbeder Atienza, F.

DICCIONARIO TECNICO SPA-ENG by Malgorn, G.

Does anyone have anything to say about these resources? Thanks!

Henry Hinds
Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
Egyesült Államok
angol - spanyol
+ ...
Az Ő emlékére:
Oldie but Goodie Oct 3, 2014

Robb, Dicc. para ingenieros.

1949, but still excellent.

Collin Stewart
Egyesült Államok
spanyol - angol
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
Re: Oldie but Goodie Oct 3, 2014

Thanks Henry. It looks like a third edition of this dictionary came out just a year ago. It must be good if it has stuck around that long.

Laureana Pavon
Laureana Pavon  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 10:29
Tag (2007 óta)
angol - spanyol
+ ...

MODERÁTOR
Robb's dictionary Oct 3, 2014

In my opinion, it's the best of the best.

It's the only paper dictionary I still have on my desk and barely a day goes by without using it. And it's not only great for construction/civil engineering, but for other engineering fields as well.

Collin Stewart
Egyesült Államok
spanyol - angol
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
Re: Robb's dictionary Oct 7, 2014

Thanks for sharing, Laureana!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for a good Spanish>English Construction and Civil Engineering Dictionary

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »