Levan Namoradze  Identity Verified
Georgia
Local time: 04:58
Member (2005)
English to Georgian
+ ...
Jan 16, 2014

The facts:
1. When accepting a (medium size) project, I was told that an agency pays only through Paypal;
2. I stated that I am prepared for assuming the risk, since, I have the Paypal account;
3. I completed the project and there was no negative feedback;
4. After two reminders, the above agency informed me that they could not pay, since Paypal do not allow payments to my country - Georgia.

<
... See more
The facts:
1. When accepting a (medium size) project, I was told that an agency pays only through Paypal;
2. I stated that I am prepared for assuming the risk, since, I have the Paypal account;
3. I completed the project and there was no negative feedback;
4. After two reminders, the above agency informed me that they could not pay, since Paypal do not allow payments to my country - Georgia.

The question:
Shall an agency pay notwithstanding all the above?

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Levan
Collapse

LilianNekipelov
LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:58
Russian to English
+ ...
Yes, they absolutley have to pay Jan 16, 2014

and they have to find a way to pay you.

Levan Namoradze
Levan Namoradze  Identity Verified
Georgia
Local time: 04:58
Member (2005)
English to Georgian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Well Jan 16, 2014

LilianBNekipelo wrote:

and they have to find a way to pay you.

Thank you! Shall they do so despite I said "I assume the risk"? I know that any assigned job shall be paid for according to laws of almost all countries, but...

Rossana Triaca
Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 21:58
English to Spanish
The agency must pay... Jan 16, 2014

but they are within their rights to insist on using the payment method you both agreed on beforehand.

I'd say the onus is on you to provide them with a viable address. Don't you have any friend/colleague that could accept the payment and send you the money through Western Union or any similar method accepted in your country? It would mean taking a sizable cut due to transfer costs (Paypal gets his fee, Western Union too, etc.), but at least you would collect something!

Kai Döring
Kai Döring  Identity Verified
Philippines
Local time: 08:58
English to German
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Try TranslatorPay Jan 17, 2014

Hi Levan,

I was just checking http://www.translatorpay.com/ and they are offering payments to Georgia. Where is your customer based?

I am using them for clients to transfer to my German account. No problem and a very good exchange rate.

You just need to convince your client to set it up.

[Bearbeitet am 2014-01-17 02:44 GMT]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Payments via Paypal and general obligation to pay

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »