Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Contests - new feature added to the qualification round: must enter reason for vote to disqualify
Thread poster: RominaZ
Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:32
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
If late... Dec 4, 2007

Roland Nienerza wrote:
Better late than never.

...then this useful new feature could be successfully implemented in the next contest.

lundy
lundy
France
Local time: 18:32
French to English
Great idea! Dec 4, 2007

I think this is a very good idea. It is true that some people may not have voted negatively if they had had to provide a reason, and that may be unfortunate for the current contest. However, if someone cannot provide a reason why they are voting negatively then they should not be voting that way! I think it would be extremely useful to have and give constructive criticism - translating is a constant and on-going learning process! I'm not sure how these things usually work, but I presume that, si... See more
I think this is a very good idea. It is true that some people may not have voted negatively if they had had to provide a reason, and that may be unfortunate for the current contest. However, if someone cannot provide a reason why they are voting negatively then they should not be voting that way! I think it would be extremely useful to have and give constructive criticism - translating is a constant and on-going learning process! I'm not sure how these things usually work, but I presume that, similarly, if there are any issues with the winning entries, then there is room for constructive discussion after the contest also.Collapse

Susie Miles (X)
Susie Miles (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:32
English to Spanish
Supporting reasons as a way of learning Dec 4, 2007

RominaZ wrote:

Dear Susie,

This new feature has been implemented today at 6.30 pm GMT. Unfortunately, entries disqualified before that time won't show any reasons. Again, this is only a trial phase to study how this feature works and to determine its future implementation in upcoming contests.

Regards,

Romina

Dear Romina,

Further to my e-mail sent to you this morning concerning this matter and as I know that the information is registered in the "developers" data base concerning emission of negative votes against the different entries, as well as names of the voters involved, it would be very interesting for me to find out the supporting reasons corresponding to the negative votes applied to my entry Nbr. 3335. My request is only based on positive feelings and as a way of learning.

Thank you,
Susie

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Contests - new feature added to the qualification round: must enter reason for vote to disqualify

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »