How come? EN>SK translation needed, but only native in Spanish can apply?
Thread poster: Rad Graban (X)
Rad Graban (X)
Rad Graban (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:11
English to Slovak
+ ...
Jan 19, 2007

I'm really mesmerised. EN>SK,EN>CZ ....required, but must be native in Spanish?
Any enlightenment, why?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:11
English to German
+ ...
Contact a Jobs moderator... Jan 20, 2007

Hi Rad,
I moved your posting to the Job Systems forum.

Please contact a Jobs moderator (one at a time), quoting the URL of the job. We'll look into it.

Best regards,
Ralf

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 16:11
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Jan 20, 2007

The answer is very simple: "Spanish" remained in the job posting form since last job posting, and nobody (neither the outsourcer nor a moderator) noticed this.

In case you would see something like this in the future, please use the link "Contact jobs moderators if there is a problem with this job posting", it is visible at the bottom of each job.

Thank you and have a great weekend,
Natalia

Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:11
Dutch to English
+ ...
I have noticed this too for ES > EN Jan 20, 2007

Hi Rad,
I have also noticed this a couple of times for ES > EN. I also wondered why this was the case.

Especially when it is one where you have to bid and cannot because you don't have the correct native language.

Good to know that it is that the language was already set in. Perhaps the system should be a such that you have to enter the native language. That it is not automatically therer by default left over from the previous one.

Lucinda

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How come? EN>SK translation needed, but only native in Spanish can apply?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »