Fewtulip
Fewtulip
United States
Local time: 11:27
English to French
+ ...
Nov 4, 2014

Hello,

My candidacy for the training on translation from English to French with the online school CI3M was rejected.
They did not give me a clear reason why, except that my level is not sufficient. I emailed them and I am hoping they will be a little more precise in explaining this decision.

After college, I left my native France for the States where I have been living for the past 15 years. I recently left my big money job to go back to my first love: languages.
... See more
Hello,

My candidacy for the training on translation from English to French with the online school CI3M was rejected.
They did not give me a clear reason why, except that my level is not sufficient. I emailed them and I am hoping they will be a little more precise in explaining this decision.

After college, I left my native France for the States where I have been living for the past 15 years. I recently left my big money job to go back to my first love: languages. I have started to work on small but fun translation projects on Odesk.

At any rates, I am questioning my own choices, wondering if I should try something else. I really believed this school could help me but if they can't even take me in to teach me, then, what's left for me to do?

I was wondering if anybody on this forum had experience with this school?

Thanks for your help and time...
Collapse

Elvina Tran
Elvina Tran  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:27
German to French
+ ...
French forum Nov 5, 2014

Hello,

There are some threads related to CI3M in the French forum. Have you checked them?

FWIW, I know of a colleague who is quite happy with her CI3M translation training.

Fewtulip
Fewtulip
United States
Local time: 11:27
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
formation en traduction anglais-francais Nov 5, 2014

Hello Elvina and thank you so much for responding to my post.

I have read all the posts on this forum related to CI3M but unfortunately, I did not find the answer as far as how difficult it is to be admitted as a student. However, they did answer my request and emailed me a list of my mistakes. They did not provide a correction but I do see my errors of syntax, which they believe could have been avoided with a better documentation and research. And that is the thing: my purpose to
... See more
Hello Elvina and thank you so much for responding to my post.

I have read all the posts on this forum related to CI3M but unfortunately, I did not find the answer as far as how difficult it is to be admitted as a student. However, they did answer my request and emailed me a list of my mistakes. They did not provide a correction but I do see my errors of syntax, which they believe could have been avoided with a better documentation and research. And that is the thing: my purpose to study with CI3M is to learn a methodology. I mean, it is a 12-month online learning program to help a translator with the actual techniques. I made technical mistakes.. Wouldn't I be a perfect candidate?

If CI3M is so strict, is there anything else out there that I could try?

Thanks for your time everybody!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CI3M translation school online

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »