Diptrans Es>En Examiners report 2011 anyone?
Thread poster: John Garcia
John Garcia
John Garcia  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:18
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 14, 2012

I have other years eg. 2010 if you want to swap? The papers themselves would be handy too!
Exam's Tuesday.. cramming going on right now!

Thanks,

John

Georgia Morg (X)
Georgia Morg (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:18
Portuguese to English
tips Jan 16, 2012

Hi
I was just thinking today how it will be a year thsi week since one of the most stressful days of my life!
I did Portuguse to English last January so I know how you feel. I took the exam here in Brazil, which was even more stressful since we only had half an hour between exams as the BC closed at 5pm. I don't know if you will have a computer, but I didn't, and had to do it by hand. Actually, I think it was better that way; the examiner can see your thought processes through your c
... See more
Hi
I was just thinking today how it will be a year thsi week since one of the most stressful days of my life!
I did Portuguse to English last January so I know how you feel. I took the exam here in Brazil, which was even more stressful since we only had half an hour between exams as the BC closed at 5pm. I don't know if you will have a computer, but I didn't, and had to do it by hand. Actually, I think it was better that way; the examiner can see your thought processes through your crossings out.
My advice; snack between papers to keep energy levels up, sweets, biscuits, apples ...whatever, and take lost of toilet breaks just to have a moment to take a deep breath and splash your face with water.Go out and have beer or two the night before and put the exam out of your mind for a few hours. Not very sophisticated advice, I know, but it worked for me.

Good luck!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Diptrans Es>En Examiners report 2011 anyone?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »