Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >
Powwow: Vancouver - Canada

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Vancouver - Canada".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Robert Kleemaier
Robert Kleemaier  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:07
Member (2004)
Dutch to English
proposal re meeting location May 20, 2005

When the location has been decided, Diana, let's post directions so that all interested parties, including those who haven't officialy signed up, have the opportunity to drop by at whim.

Wordlab TLS
Wordlab TLS  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:07
English to Spanish
+ ...
Some ideas... May 20, 2005

I'll do that Robert. Let me know your thoughts about the workshop. If we are going to go to the library for that, we can have dinner at some place nearby. If anyone else wants to share their skills with the group, let me know too. We can learn a lot and have fun meeting new colleagues!

Patrice
Patrice  Identity Verified
United States
French to English
+ ...
aye on the workshop May 20, 2005

Johanna Timm, PhD
Johanna Timm, PhD  Identity Verified
Canada
English to German
+ ...
STIBC workshop on Trados and Termium May 24, 2005

On June 11 the STIBC is offering 2 CAT workshops 9.30-10.45 "Termium" and 11 -12.15 "Trados". The workshops take place at the Plaza 500 Hotel & Convention Centre 500 West 12th Avenue and are open to STIBC members only (in the afternoon, an AGM meeting is scheduled)>> a nice opportunity to hear more about CAT tools for those interested?

Robert Kleemaier
Canada
Member (2004)
Dutch to English
to the exclusion of all others, unfortunately May 24, 2005

Nice idea, but it does nothing for those of us who are not (yet) STIBC members, Johanna.

Robert Kleemaier
Canada
Member (2004)
Dutch to English
reschedule? May 24, 2005

If the STIBC event means too many people are going to bail out of the PW, maybe it's an idea to reschedule. If so, let's do so as early as possible.

Johanna Timm, PhD
Canada
English to German
+ ...
@ Robert May 24, 2005

I don't think it would interfere - the workshops are in the morning, ending at 12.15. And the AGM ends at 4 pm (which I'm not planning to attend)- lots of time afterwards to meet, chat and have dinner...

Robert Kleemaier
Canada
Member (2004)
Dutch to English
Thanks for the clarification, Johanna :-) May 24, 2005

I was just thinking of colleagues like Ana María Zúñiga who might find it a bit too much to attend both events. I know it's difficult enough to please everybody, but...

Wordlab TLS
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Trados May 24, 2005

The STIBC workshops sounds good, but I am not a member either (yet). I am preparing our Trados workshop and I would like to hear from you all if you would like to have a review on Trados and also see Multiterm, Align and TagEditor. Should we make it Trados Basics or Trados Advanced, is my question?

Thank you!
Diana

Wordlab TLS
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
One more thing... May 24, 2005

I also forgot to ask you if you want to move the date to June 18th for those interested in attending the STIBC meeting.

Ana María Zúñiga
Ana María Zúñiga  Identity Verified
Canada
English to Spanish
+ ...
18th is better May 24, 2005

It would be better for me the 18th and either of those combinations will be fine with me as I work with Trados and Multi

Wordlab TLS
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
June 11th or June 18th May 24, 2005

We can still reschedule the PowWow if the 18th works better for everyone. Both days work for me. Ana María prefers the 18th. What about the rest of you guys?

Robert Kleemaier
Canada
Member (2004)
Dutch to English
At this point in time... May 24, 2005

... I'd likely have to take a rain cheque, if it's on the 18th. But the needs of the many are greater than those of the one or the few;-)

Johanna Timm, PhD
Canada
English to German
+ ...
18th should be fine as far as I can tell at this point May 24, 2005

but I'll replace my YES with tentative "Maybe".
I have just been approved as VID-er by Proz staff, meaning if I can make it I can verify the identity of members who are interested. More on that here (@ no.10)http://www.proz.com/howto/211)

Shannon Guilbride
Shannon Guilbride  Identity Verified
Canada
Spanish to English
+ ...
Shannon Guilbride Jun 2, 2005

Sorry, Diana, I've just worked my way down the list of messages and see a suggestion for the Powwow to be changed to June 18th. That would work better for me, too.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Vancouver - Canada

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »