Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Since I started translating, my vision has...
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Julian Holmes
Julian Holmes  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 04:39
Member (2011)
Japanese to English
Other Jan 18, 2017

Chris S wrote:

My vision has become increasingly dystopian

After May's Brexit speech I don't blame you at all. Here is a preview of what you can look forward to:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0206634/?ref_=nv_sr_1

In answer to this question, my eyesight has always been poor and it has got worse since I started translating. However, that's over 30 years ago. So, factoring in natural ageing and the adverse affect of crummy scanned documents with small poorly written text, I really cannot blame translation for my bad eyesight.

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 16:39
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Increased, then stayed the same. Jan 18, 2017

Till 2006 I didn't need glasses. As of 2006, I started wearing glasses (farsighted), with only about -1º in each side. It's enough to make it dangerous to drive at night, but I only wear glasses to drive and to watch lectures/movies/etc. in a big room. Thankfully enough, I still don't need glasses to read or to work.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Since I started translating, my vision has...

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »