Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: If I finish a project in advance, I...
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Michael Harris
Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:07
Member (2006)
German to English
as soon as it is finished Aug 7, 2010

I always send it off straight away, what is the point of it hanging around when it has been finished. I always get jobs straight away and plan my schedule that everything can be kept under control. And fortunately I cannot complain the least about not having enough to do.

Noni Gilbert Riley
Noni Gilbert Riley
Spain
Local time: 15:07
Spanish to English
+ ...
Agree with Mary etc Aug 8, 2010

Great to have an opportunity for the nth+1 check through. And then back to the client asap - it this is an agent, as is usually my case, then they themselves may be able to use the opportunity to get in favour by early delivery, and it certainly makes the client happy with me.

However, since even with a very small piece, I try to have an overnight included in my scheduling, I would hesitate greatly to omit this. Don't want the client to think I can live without that.

... See more
Great to have an opportunity for the nth+1 check through. And then back to the client asap - it this is an agent, as is usually my case, then they themselves may be able to use the opportunity to get in favour by early delivery, and it certainly makes the client happy with me.

However, since even with a very small piece, I try to have an overnight included in my scheduling, I would hesitate greatly to omit this. Don't want the client to think I can live without that.

So a combination of gaining favour and not shooting myself in the foot.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: If I finish a project in advance, I...

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »