Video: How I used AI to generate a macro to automate a task (for file preparation or finalization)
Thread poster: Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 22:30
English to French
+ ...
Nov 2, 2023

Hi, for those of you that like creating automated tasks with macro for file preparation or finalization, this may be of interest to you.
I noticed that Bing chat (aka Copilot, aka Chat GPT 4) is able to produce macros upon request. I have tried only with one so far but the results were very good.
If you’re curious, you can watch my video where some of the process is presented.
... See more
Hi, for those of you that like creating automated tasks with macro for file preparation or finalization, this may be of interest to you.
I noticed that Bing chat (aka Copilot, aka Chat GPT 4) is able to produce macros upon request. I have tried only with one so far but the results were very good.
If you’re curious, you can watch my video where some of the process is presented.
https://youtu.be/IBOm42_RaKk?feature=shared

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2023-11-03 11:53 GMT]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2023-11-03 11:55 GMT]
Collapse

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:30
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Ha! (@Henry) Nov 2, 2023

I don't use VBA and know nothing about it, but I imagine this is an example of a useful application of AI for translators.

Henry Dotterer

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Video Nov 3, 2023

Why do you use a scrolling background in your video?

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 17:30
SITE FOUNDER
Thanks for sharing that Philippe! Nov 3, 2023

Thanks for sharing that here. I imagine that knowing how to do this will come in handy for many of our members.

Philippe Locquet
Zea_Mays

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Video: How I used AI to generate a macro to automate a task (for file preparation or finalization)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »