texjax DDS PhD
texjax DDS PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:12
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 5, 2014

Dear colleagues,

I am considering eFax and I would love to hear the opinions of those who have tried or are currently using this service.

Is it reliable? Any pros/cons/recommendations?

Thank you in advance for your input and have a great day.

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
German to English
Used it for a while Aug 5, 2014

I used eFax for a couple of years. I found it to be reliable and easy to use. However, since I was receiving fewer faxes, and the price increased substantially over time, I dropped the service. When I contacted the company to drop the service, they offered me an additional month at no cost. It took a few email exchanges to convince them that I was dropping the service because I wasn't using it.

texjax DDS PhD
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 5, 2014

Thank you for your reply Kevin. I'm glad to know that it's a reliable service.

Kevin Fulton wrote:

When I contacted the company to drop the service, they offered me an additional month at no cost. It took a few email exchanges to convince them that I was dropping the service because I wasn't using it.

As far as the above, this seems common practice in the US.
I had the same experience with a TV provider and I was quite surprised by it. They do make strong efforts to retain their customer base!

Riccardo Schiaffino
Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:12
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
I also used it for a while Aug 5, 2014

Same experience as Kevin: I stopped subscribing to it because I was receiving almost no faxes.

Fax is dead: the (very) few time someone wants to send me a fax number, I ask them to send me pdf instead, and they always accept.

texjax DDS PhD
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 5, 2014

Hi Riccardo,

Yes, fax is on the road to extinction. However I still use it quite often.

Thank you for your input.

Ciao!

leojw
leojw
United States
eFax- reliable, but expensive Aug 6, 2014

eFax is the biggest online fax service provider and offers the most features, but there are quite a few other reliable services that are much less expensive and offer more pages/ month, which might be important to you, since you said you do a lot of faxing. I've used MetroFax (which was actually bought by eFax's parent company, j2 Global) for a few years for personal stuff, and it works great. I have a MyFax account for my business (they were also purchased by j2 Global). I haven't had any probl... See more
eFax is the biggest online fax service provider and offers the most features, but there are quite a few other reliable services that are much less expensive and offer more pages/ month, which might be important to you, since you said you do a lot of faxing. I've used MetroFax (which was actually bought by eFax's parent company, j2 Global) for a few years for personal stuff, and it works great. I have a MyFax account for my business (they were also purchased by j2 Global). I haven't had any problems with it either. http://www.findafax.com has a good comparison of online fax services that might help you decide which to choose.

Good luck,

Leo
Collapse

texjax DDS PhD
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Leo Aug 7, 2014

Hi Leo,

Thanks a lot for the link and the interesting and thorough information provided, which is much appreciated.

Have a nice day!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anyone have experience with eFax?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »