Emilio Schulder
Emilio Schulder  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 12:34
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 8, 2010

I would appreciate help with the following: a customer of mine uses one table per page in Word documents. If I "Select all" or crtl+A, I end up selecting one table. How do I select the entire document (in order to do a "replace all, for example).

Many thanks in advance.

[Edited at 2010-04-08 19:55 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-04-08 19:56 GMT]

RieM
RieM  Identity Verified
United States
English to Japanese
+ ...
If there aren't many tables, you can do this. Apr 8, 2010

This page explains how to select multiple tables using the Ctrl key + four headed arrow icon method. I know it also works with previous versions of Word.

http://www.ms-news.net/f4078/selecting-multiple-tables-10090433.html

If you have a 100 page documents, it's better to write a macro to loop through the document, though.

Good lu
... See more
This page explains how to select multiple tables using the Ctrl key + four headed arrow icon method. I know it also works with previous versions of Word.

http://www.ms-news.net/f4078/selecting-multiple-tables-10090433.html

If you have a 100 page documents, it's better to write a macro to loop through the document, though.

Good luck
Rie
Collapse

Emilio Schulder
Emilio Schulder  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Does not work for me Apr 9, 2010

Thanks, Rie. I tried it, but it does not work, at least in MS 2003. Regards.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Selection of several tables in MS Word

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »