Scan PDF to Editable file or into word file ?
Initiator des Themas: 3ADE shadab
3ADE shadab
3ADE shadab
Local time: 20:22
Mitglied (2008)
Hindi > Englisch
+ ...
Dec 30, 2009

Hi All

I would like to know if it is possible to convert Scan PDF file into any editable format/word file or so or is there any free software available so that i can download, I would like to keep the same format as in PDF.

Regards
Shadab
www.troikaa.co.in

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Deutschland
Local time: 16:52
Mitglied (2003)
Polnisch > Deutsch
+ ...
Please use a PDF converter Dec 30, 2009

and I beg you, please please use the search function - converting PDF to an editable format is I think the most common topic here on ProZ.

Brand Localization
Brand Localization
Ägypten
Local time: 17:52
Deutsch > Arabisch
+ ...
Use ABBY FineReader Ver 8.0 Dec 30, 2009

Use ABBY FineReader Ver 8.0

It provides a very good quality in relation to text recognition and also keeps the layout in a very good way.

More over, the trial version of version 8.0 enables you to scan up to 50 pages. Later versions allows you to scan only 1-3 pages.

Sergei Leshchinsky
Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 17:52
Mitglied (2008)
Englisch > Russisch
+ ...
use any version of FR... Dec 30, 2009

from 1 to 9...

Constance Mannshardt
Constance Mannshardt  Identity Verified
Brasilien
Mitglied (2005)
Englisch > Portugiesisch
+ ...
Where do I get older versions from? Apr 5, 2010

Hi Sergei,

I have been trying to download the trial of the latest version 10 from the official site without success. It seems they don't want us to try. Where can I get older version from, as the ABBUFinereader site doesn't offer them (and I don't want to download suspicious files)?

Thank you a lot,
Constance

Brian Young
Brian Young  Identity Verified
Vereinigte Staaten
Local time: 07:52
Dänisch > Englisch
pdf to word Apr 5, 2010

there is a program called Able2doc, and it works very well. Google it. I think it's less expensive than some of the others. You can download a trial version that will do 5 conversions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scan PDF to Editable file or into word file ?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »