Thread poster: earlyesther
earlyesther
earlyesther
Local time: 04:13
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Dec 18, 2013

Hello,

I'm not doing translation to Chinese. I was just doing my Clinical Trials homework/assessment and found some very specific terminologies, such as "Null Hypothesis", "pharmacokinetic", "pharmacodynamic", "placebo-controlled trials", "sepsis", "cardioplegic arrest" ... and there the list goes. Then, I was wondering how should one present such terms in Chinese? I never know that there is "pharmacokinetic trial" in TCM, or even "Phase 1/2/3/4 trials" in TCM. Probably anyone of
... See more
Hello,

I'm not doing translation to Chinese. I was just doing my Clinical Trials homework/assessment and found some very specific terminologies, such as "Null Hypothesis", "pharmacokinetic", "pharmacodynamic", "placebo-controlled trials", "sepsis", "cardioplegic arrest" ... and there the list goes. Then, I was wondering how should one present such terms in Chinese? I never know that there is "pharmacokinetic trial" in TCM, or even "Phase 1/2/3/4 trials" in TCM. Probably anyone of you knows any links to such concept in Chinese medicine/clinical care or any links to Chinese medical dictionary.... this cures my curiosity

Thank you!
Collapse

ricky liu
ricky liu  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 05:13
Member (2013)
English to Chinese
+ ...
I use online En-Zh dictionary Dec 18, 2013

Hello Esther,

I am not a medical professional and all the words you listed look like Greek to me. Under this situation I will seek help from an online dictionary (http://dict.youdao.com). It provides the Chinese translation as well as some example sentences. If the results make sense, I will then Google the translation together with the English source for more references before I choose the final tr
... See more
Hello Esther,

I am not a medical professional and all the words you listed look like Greek to me. Under this situation I will seek help from an online dictionary (http://dict.youdao.com). It provides the Chinese translation as well as some example sentences. If the results make sense, I will then Google the translation together with the English source for more references before I choose the final translation.

Hope it helps.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Chinese Medical Terminologies/Dictionary

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »