Thread poster: Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:04
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 12, 2007

I posted a maths Q in ProZ in the EN>EN section...twice...and it's disappeared ...twice!

The first time I thought it had just gotten 'lost', even though I had seen the confirmation that it had been posted.......

The second time, though, I doublechecked on my list of Qs asked...and it WAS there...but not now.

I have 4 Qs open....according to the site, although I have actually closed them, and I DID notify ProZ about one of them remaining 'open', but nothing
... See more
I posted a maths Q in ProZ in the EN>EN section...twice...and it's disappeared ...twice!

The first time I thought it had just gotten 'lost', even though I had seen the confirmation that it had been posted.......

The second time, though, I doublechecked on my list of Qs asked...and it WAS there...but not now.

I have 4 Qs open....according to the site, although I have actually closed them, and I DID notify ProZ about one of them remaining 'open', but nothing was done.

Can anyone explain this curious disappearance?
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:04
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Dear Lia Mar 13, 2007

As far as I can see, both questions were squashed with the following reason: "Not a language question". Which was absolutely true: the question was mathematical and did not require any translation or an advice otherwise related to language. Haven't you received the notifications about squashing and its reasons? If no, then perhaps you have some email problems and you should check the dashboard and the email settings.

What about your question: if you need help with understanding the
... See more
As far as I can see, both questions were squashed with the following reason: "Not a language question". Which was absolutely true: the question was mathematical and did not require any translation or an advice otherwise related to language. Haven't you received the notifications about squashing and its reasons? If no, then perhaps you have some email problems and you should check the dashboard and the email settings.

What about your question: if you need help with understanding the mathematical problem underlying the source text you are translating, I would suggest posting this in the forums (Off-Topic, for example).

Natalia

P.S. What about the disappearance of the squashed questions from the KudoZ tab: I agree that the squashed questions should be visible on the list (as they were in the old profiles); I'll submit a support request asking the site programmers to correct this problem

[Edited at 2007-03-13 12:27]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Same Q posted twice- and removed twice!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »