投稿者: Jesús Marín Mateos
Milos Prudek
Milos Prudek  Identity Verified
チェコ共和国
Local time: 20:09
英語 から チェコ語
+ ...
You CAN fax signed document without a scanner. Jun 27, 2004

For the few faxes I receive it\\\'s not worth my while even installing the software, and how can one fax a signed document anyway, unless you have a scanner?

Easily. You go to a friend who has a scanner, and ask him to scan your signature. Then you receive your faxes (documents that need to be signed) via efax or similar service as a computer image file, and you \\\"sign\\\" these documents by merging the scanned picture of your signature with the document image file, and send it back.

You don\\\'t need to buy any software to do this. Just use the GIMP, available for free from www.gimp.org.

Many people now cancel their land phone lines and only keep a cell phone without fax option, so this route is actually quite feasible for these people.

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
フィンランド
Local time: 21:09
2003に入会
フィンランド語 から ドイツ語
+ ...
If you have a fixed phone, go for virtual fax Jun 30, 2004

Probably your PC came with a kind of phone-center program, but there are lots of free programs for sending and recieving fax. Of course the same can be done by mobile phone, which is connected by wire or without to the pc.
Don't go for a paper fax machine, the use is expensive (ink cartridge). And when the fax is stored electronically in your pc you can forward it without loss of quality, without scanning from paper.
I gave up my phone line three years ago and use efax for incoming
... See more
Probably your PC came with a kind of phone-center program, but there are lots of free programs for sending and recieving fax. Of course the same can be done by mobile phone, which is connected by wire or without to the pc.
Don't go for a paper fax machine, the use is expensive (ink cartridge). And when the fax is stored electronically in your pc you can forward it without loss of quality, without scanning from paper.
I gave up my phone line three years ago and use efax for incoming faxes. One of my customers is bound to send even dozens of pages of fax at one time. Efax costs me 100 usd a year, nothing compared to the costs of paper faxing.
And efax can be read everywhere, so on holiday you can read faxes recieved, even when at your office everything is shut down as it should be for safety reasons.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

このフォーラムのモデレーター
NancyLynn[Call to this topic]
Andriy Bublikov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fax indispensable for Interpreting Services

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »