A.Đapo
A.Đapo  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 13:11
Member (2007)
English to Serbo-Croat
+ ...
Mar 25, 2005

I have a problem with the home page of Google, Yahoo and MSN.
When I find the main Yahoo page, icons Mail, Messenger ... do not react to my clicks, as if they are only images. The date on it is sept 17th, 12.45 PM. and the year 2004. They only allow me Search and that is limited as well.
Then I go to Google to find something, neither of the options; Advanced search, Language options... react to my clicks.
The year is also 2004. When I go to msn, it only shows the search pane.<
... See more
I have a problem with the home page of Google, Yahoo and MSN.
When I find the main Yahoo page, icons Mail, Messenger ... do not react to my clicks, as if they are only images. The date on it is sept 17th, 12.45 PM. and the year 2004. They only allow me Search and that is limited as well.
Then I go to Google to find something, neither of the options; Advanced search, Language options... react to my clicks.
The year is also 2004. When I go to msn, it only shows the search pane.
When I type the word in the search pane on Google, I only get one page, without numbers at the bottom of the screen which indicate the numbers 1 2 3 4 ...pages, and yet in the top right corner it says that the search results are 12850000 pages.
This is what is place on the top of the search pane : Web, Image, Froogrle, Web is in bold but the rest of them are not reacting to my clicks.
Today some ASKSearch site, which i visited while searching for something, cleared my Yahoo toolbar, and installed its own. I deleted it and reinstalled Yahoo, and ever since then I have these problems.
I launched my Anti spy and cleaned my computer but it didn't help.
Any idea what to do since I cant use Google and I need it for work.
Thank you
Collapse

Can Altinbay
Can Altinbay  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:11
Japanese to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Do you really know what time it is? Mar 26, 2005

I know it's sounds wild, but I've been in computers a very long time, and nothing surprises me any more about them.

Have you checked your system time? Does your computer show the correct time and date, or does it show 17 September 2004?

Everything is worth checking out.

Yuri Yuri
Yuri Yuri
Local time: 14:11
English to Russian
+ ...
Probs with browsers in 95% are caused by malware (IMO) Mar 26, 2005

Especially given that problems started when some malware was installed. If other sites are reachable then you can try using proxy to reach the Google, if you don't have one from the provider there're free web-based ones like www.anonymizer.com (amongst all the ads the address bar is on the very top of the page).

Other than that I don't think there's something you can do but try and clean the syste
... See more
Especially given that problems started when some malware was installed. If other sites are reachable then you can try using proxy to reach the Google, if you don't have one from the provider there're free web-based ones like www.anonymizer.com (amongst all the ads the address bar is on the very top of the page).

Other than that I don't think there's something you can do but try and clean the system and restore (if any) damaged system files. You may consider (if you have something else)HijackThis http://www.hijackthis.de/ as it's one of the most popular anti-spy soft (and free and doesn't need installation), many times one software discovers what others have missed.

BTW What system do you have? What browser? Have you tried to clean its web cache?
Collapse

A.Đapo
A.Đapo  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2007)
English to Serbo-Croat
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
seems that I have a virus Mar 27, 2005

Thank you all for help.
It seems that I have caught a virus as well as spyware. I have no idea how did it happened since I have an antivirus software.

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Catching a virus Mar 27, 2005

Amra Ðapo (damra) wrote:

I have no idea how did it happened since I have an antivirus software.

It's not enough. You should also update your operating system and browser regularly. Your computer can be infected via many security holes without you doing anything wrong. Good luck with removing the virus.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Yahoo, Google and MSN home page

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »