Is it possible to access and answer KudoZ questions on a mobile phone?
Thread poster: Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Local time: 14:12
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Sep 25, 2004

I am just curious to know whether it is possible to access and answer the KudoZ questions on a mobile phone. I'd like to clarify that I am not asking about a PC or laptop connected with a mobile phone in this respect. Instead, I just want to ascertain whether we can answer the questions on a mobile phone itself. What are the basic requirements in this connections, if this is possible at all?

Thanks in anticipation

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 11:42
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Hardly at the moment, but a good idea Sep 25, 2004

It should be possible to convert the kudoz-part of this site into wap-format. Then it would be accessable by mobiles.
Otherwise you can easily connect your gprs-phone to a laptop and read the net normally like at home. Set the browser to exclude images, that should speed up things a lot.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:42
English to German
+ ...
Only using a smartphone Sep 25, 2004

Hi,
Heinrich is right - the vast majority of mobile phones providing internet connectivity using the WAP protocol, which is unavailable for ProZ.com.

Some recent phones running a special version of Windows CE (I'm using the Motorola MPx200 myself) should be capable of displaying ProZ.com pages, however - whether answering KudoZ in this way is really a good idea, well, I have some doubts...

Best regards, Ralf

Sabina Moscatelli
Sabina Moscatelli
Italy
Local time: 10:42
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
I am using Sep 25, 2004

a Blackberry mobile phone (GPRS + WAP) but I can access neither the KudoZ area nor the job one, although I do receive e-mails and can enter the site.

Sabina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to access and answer KudoZ questions on a mobile phone?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »