Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Sep 23, 2012

Hi,

Great news: You can now translate Transit PPF packages containing legacy translations and terminology files with CafeTran:

http://cafetran.wordpress.com/2012/09/23/how-to-translate-transit-ppf-packages-with-cafetran/

Enjoy!

Hans

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Transit filter further improved Sep 27, 2012

Just did another Transit project in CafeTran yesterday and I'm happy to report:

Two further improvements for the amazing Transit filter:

• On export of a finished language pair its extension is reset to the originating three letter extension of the target language (no need to do this manually anymore).

• Fix for tags preventing auto-translation: fantastic.

• Pablo Bouvier
    Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
    Local time: 14:06
    German to Spanish
    + ...
    CafeTran does now support Transit PPF Sep 28, 2012

Hi Hans, thanks a lot for the information. I knew that MemoQ was able to manage ppf files, but I was not aware about this with CafeTrans.

Hans Lenting
    Hans Lenting
    Netherlands
    Member (2006)
    German to Dutch
    TOPIC STARTER
    CafeTran does not import fuzzy segment status Sep 28, 2012

Hi Pablo,

Please note that CafeTran does not support fuzzy segment status. IMO this is not a problem, when the client encloses an AEX file.

Happy evaluating!

Hans

[Bearbeitet am 2012-09-28 16:01 GMT]

Selcuk Akyuz
    Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
    Türkiye
    Local time: 15:06
    English to Turkish
    + ...
    beta build? Oct 6, 2012

I am not aware of an official build supporting Transit packages so I assume this is a beta build. If so, when will we have it?

Hans Lenting
    Hans Lenting
    Netherlands
    Member (2006)
    German to Dutch
    TOPIC STARTER
    I don't report beta builds here ... Oct 7, 2012

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

I am not aware of an official build supporting Transit packages so I assume this is a beta build. If so, when will we have it?

Hi Selcuk,

Let me assure you that I don't report any beta builds here. When I report a new feature in this forum, I've tested it thoroughly. Anything else would be nonsense.

If you want to test a new feature that I've reported here, please contact Igor directly to get your private update of CafeTran.

BTW: It is my understanding that there will be a new 'public' build of CafeTran in october.

Cheers,

Hans

Igor Kmitowski
    Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
    Poland
    Local time: 14:06
    Member (2016)
    English to Polish
    + ...
    October update Oct 7, 2012

Hello Selcuk,

CafeTran October update featuring the Transit file filter, refreshed Search and Replace dialog and import of TBX glossaries is already available as a trial version. The official build will be also announced at the Cafetranslators forum (http://groups.google.com/group/cafetranslators) in a few days, and then it will be available as a full version for registered users.

Igor

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
    Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CafeTran does now support Transit PPF packages

Wordfast Pro
    Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
    CafeTran Espresso
    You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »