Téma indítója: Barbara Trespidini
Barbara Trespidini
Barbara Trespidini  Identity Verified
Olaszország
Local time: 20:51
angol - olasz
+ ...
Mar 2, 2011

I am translating a pre-translated text using SDL Trados 2007. I know I can use the key combination ctrl alt + in order to open the next no 100% sentence, I've tried to use it but it doesn'work..When I push ctrl alt + I simply go to the next sentence (like with the key combination ctrl +). Any suggestion?

Adam Łobatiuk
Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Lengyelország
Tag (2009 óta)
angol - lengyel
+ ...
Concordance Mar 2, 2011

This could be due to the Concordance window being open. It doesn't seem to make sense, but it is a common cause of that.

Eleni Makantani
Eleni Makantani
Görögország
Local time: 21:51
angol - görög
+ ...
alternative shortcuts Mar 2, 2011

Ctr+Alt+N to go to the next segment

Ctr+Alt+Z to translate to fuzzy.

I had the same problem when I upgraded from MS Office 2003 to MS Office 2007. I now use Office 2007 + Trados 2007 and use the shortcuts above.

Barbara Trespidini
Barbara Trespidini  Identity Verified
Olaszország
angol - olasz
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
better explanation Mar 2, 2011

I'm afraid I didn't describe my problem very well ...The other shortcut keys (alt +, alt *, alt end, alt ins, alt del, etcetera) all work. I would like to skip all 100% matches and go directly to the next segment which is a fuzzy match or a no match. With another computer I used to push "ctrl alt +" to do that (this is only possible when a text has been pre-translated), but with my new computer it doesn't work. May the problem be caused by the new operating system (Windows 7)? II can't find any ... See more
I'm afraid I didn't describe my problem very well ...The other shortcut keys (alt +, alt *, alt end, alt ins, alt del, etcetera) all work. I would like to skip all 100% matches and go directly to the next segment which is a fuzzy match or a no match. With another computer I used to push "ctrl alt +" to do that (this is only possible when a text has been pre-translated), but with my new computer it doesn't work. May the problem be caused by the new operating system (Windows 7)? II can't find any reason.

[Edited at 2011-03-02 19:25 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-03-02 19:25 GMT]
Collapse

Victor Pereira
Victor Pereira  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:51
német - portugál
+ ...
Alternative to Ctrl Alt + Mar 7, 2011

I also was facing the same problem, but not on a notebook. A way to shunt it, avoiding to use the mouse, is using another key combination with the menu shortcuts:

Alt B (then, release Alt key and press...) 0 (that is zero)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Key combination ctr alt + does not work in SDL Trados 2007

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »