Juliane Richter
Juliane Richter  Identity Verified
Franciaország
Local time: 00:52
angol - német
+ ...
Jun 21, 2012

Hello,

I am on the search of a good professional subtitling software, if possible with a free trial version.

Can anybody give advices and and recommendations?

Thank you,
Juliane

Faustine.Rou (X)
Faustine.Rou (X)
Local time: 23:52
angol - francia
Wincaps, Spot, EZ Jun 21, 2012

Hi Julianne,

I know Wincaps, EZTitle and Spot editor are good software and have a trial version. My personal favourite is Swift Create but you have to pay for the dongle to be able to try it.

Good luck.

kmtext
kmtext
Egyesült Királyság
Local time: 23:52
angol
+ ...
I'm also a Swift user... Jun 25, 2012

..but would recommend Wincaps, Isis or Spot.

A Swift trial costs around £600 +VAT which is deducted from the purchase price if you go on to buy a full version.

I haven't used Spot yet, but it certainly gets good writeups and is very versatile.

It's a number of years since I last used Wincaps, and, to be honest, I didn't get on well with it at all. They may have changed things since then, but I didn't like having to switch between different modes for differ
... See more
..but would recommend Wincaps, Isis or Spot.

A Swift trial costs around £600 +VAT which is deducted from the purchase price if you go on to buy a full version.

I haven't used Spot yet, but it certainly gets good writeups and is very versatile.

It's a number of years since I last used Wincaps, and, to be honest, I didn't get on well with it at all. They may have changed things since then, but I didn't like having to switch between different modes for different tasks.

Isis is also very versatile, and has good customer support.

Poliscript is another option, but I can't say I know too much about it since the last piece of their software that I used was DOS-based!

Most of the systems are pretty much compatible with each other, using a range of common file formats (pac, stl, srt, txt, etc), but there are some issues - ususally with caption positioning - so it's important to check which systems your end clients are using and investigate compatibility before investing.
Collapse

Juliane Richter
Juliane Richter  Identity Verified
Franciaország
Local time: 00:52
angol - német
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
Thank you! Jun 27, 2012

Thank you very much, your recommendations were very helpful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Subtitling Software

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »