Ventnai
Ventnai  Identity Verified
Spanyolország
Local time: 09:32
német - angol
+ ...
Mar 14, 2019

Good morning

Does anyone have another solution for opening packages? I had a problem yesterday with a different message and resolved it with help from SDL support but now I'm getting a different message, which I have had before but the solution that the SDL Knowledge Base gives does not work and is for Studio 2015 and I am using 2019 on Windows 10. I also have SDL Freshstart, which doesn't work either. It is not possible to log on to SDL right now to open a support ticket.
... See more
Good morning

Does anyone have another solution for opening packages? I had a problem yesterday with a different message and resolved it with help from SDL support but now I'm getting a different message, which I have had before but the solution that the SDL Knowledge Base gives does not work and is for Studio 2015 and I am using 2019 on Windows 10. I also have SDL Freshstart, which doesn't work either. It is not possible to log on to SDL right now to open a support ticket.

This is the message

Access to the path 'C:\Users\user\Documents\My Music' is denied.

Thank you

Ian
Collapse

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hongkong
Local time: 15:32
ProZ.com-tag
kínai - angol
+ ...
Try this Mar 14, 2019

Right click the file -> Properties -> Uncheck the box "Read-only" if it is checked.

Ventnai
Spanyolország
német - angol
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
Thanks Mar 14, 2019

Thanks Lincoln. Not checked, unfortunately.

Amnon Shapira
Amnon Shapira  Identity Verified
Izrael
Local time: 10:32
Tag (2011 óta)
angol - héber
ZIP Mar 14, 2019

Hi Ventnai,
On the package file, replace the file type (sdlxliff) with ZIP.
open the ZIP, save the content and try translation of a single file or create your own local project.

Adam Warren

Ventnai
Spanyolország
német - angol
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
Thanks Mar 14, 2019

Thanks Amnon. I'll try that workaround when I need it. I would like a permanent solution. Clients really want a complete return package.

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hongkong
Local time: 15:32
ProZ.com-tag
kínai - angol
+ ...
Another option Mar 15, 2019

Also check if there's an "Unblock" box on the file's properties page.

Ventnai
Spanyolország
német - angol
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
Thanks Mar 18, 2019

Thanks Lincoln,

Still no permanent answer for this question. I submitted support cases to SDL almost a week ago and no solution.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Access to the path denied for opening 2019 packages

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »