samehme
samehme
Egyesült Államok
Local time: 12:49
angol - arab
+ ...
Oct 6, 2004

Hi,

I have WinXp Pro with office 2003 and Trados 6.5.5.439. I am building 2 TMs for a client in both Arabic and Farsi using MS Word 2003.

Some segments in both TMs show in Asian language characters, maybe Japanese, but I have only English, Arabic and Farsi installed on my XP and also Office language settings has only these 3 languages.

Any hints.

Thanks,

Sameh

Sabry Hameed
Sabry Hameed  Identity Verified
Egyiptom
Local time: 22:49
Tag (2004 óta)
perzsa (fárszi) - arab
+ ...
check the fonts Oct 6, 2004

Dear Sameh

May the English fonts used is outside those installed in your system or Trados.

You can check the fonts and change/download any necessary fonts.

Sabry

Rahi Moosavi
Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Kanada
Local time: 15:49
Tag (2004 óta)
angol - perzsa (fárszi)
+ ...
Font setting for TM's Oct 6, 2004

Hi Sameh!

I had the same problem just a while ago, you should the open the TM in Trados Workbench and then go to FILE>SETUP and choose the FONTS tab.

Now try changing the target Default Font and each time tick the box on the lower right hand side of the dialogue box "Translate into target default for all other fonts". I used Tahoma and managed to see the TM as it should be.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Rahi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados shows Asian characters for Arabic and Farsi TMs

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »