Powwow page: unable to edit text. (Staff: fixed)
Thread poster: Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:46
German to English
+ ...
Oct 22, 2009

I have proposed a powwow in London (28 November) and it has been accepted.
When I visit the page for that powwow I am recognised as the organiser and I should be able to write and edit the introductory descriptive text at the top of the page. There is at present NO way of doing this although it is intended that there should be. The page for the forthcoming powwow in Cardiff appears to be suffering from the same problem, although other powwow announcement pages do have this text.

... See more
I have proposed a powwow in London (28 November) and it has been accepted.
When I visit the page for that powwow I am recognised as the organiser and I should be able to write and edit the introductory descriptive text at the top of the page. There is at present NO way of doing this although it is intended that there should be. The page for the forthcoming powwow in Cardiff appears to be suffering from the same problem, although other powwow announcement pages do have this text.

I suppose the bug has been introduced in the past few days and it must be fixed quickly!
I have this problem with both Internet Explorer and Firefox (versions 2 and 3). Another ProZian to whom I spoke on Skype today uses a different browser (I've forgotten which one) and has exactly the same problem when trying to edit the text for a powwow that she organised in the past. I have submitted a support request but the first reply given was incorrect - I think the problem was not understood correctly because it was so unexpected.
I hope this will be fixed quickly.

Oliver

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-10-23 11:28 GMT]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-10-23 14:44 GMT]
Collapse

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks for reporting this. Oct 23, 2009

Dear Oliver,

Thanks for reporting this! I am aware of the problem. I have found your support request and I will make sure this gets fixed.

Best regards,

Romina

Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:46
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, and more Oct 23, 2009

RominaZ wrote:
Dear Oliver,
Thanks for reporting this! I am aware of the problem. I have found your support request and I will make sure this gets fixed.

Thanks for taking this up. I've also been informed (by another powwow organiser) that she can't edit other people's attendance any more. Another member of this family of bugs?

RominaZ
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Please direct this powwow organizer to the support system Oct 23, 2009

Dear Oliver,

Could you please direct this powwow organizer to submit a support request and provide all the relevant information about the problem she is having? This will help site staff look into the problem in more detail.

Thanks, Oliver.

Romina

RominaZ
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Poblem has been fixed. Oct 23, 2009

Dear Oliver,

As I already explained in my reply to your support request related to this issue, the problem has been fixed. This means that you should be able to enter and/or edit the information about your powwow.

Have a nice one!

Romina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow page: unable to edit text. (Staff: fixed)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »