A témához tartozó oldalak:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you find some of your clients have overly-complicated terms for work and payment?
Téma indítója: ProZ.com Staff
Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Dánia
Local time: 23:26
Tag (2003 óta)
dán - angol
+ ...
Same here! Feb 1, 2018

Anton Konashenok wrote:

I'll join the chorus of my esteemed colleagues. Quoting a plaque seen somewhere many years ago:

THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT,
but it's up to us to decide if you ARE one

Especially now I have my pension to fall back on and have a life beyond translating, I send a short, polite mail to any whose terms I find too complicated, rates too low or whatever, and explain why I am not prepared to work with them.

Of course, I also mention that I have enough clients who pay my rates and keep things simple...

Sophie Dzhygir
Sophie Dzhygir  Identity Verified
Franciaország
Local time: 23:26
német - francia
+ ...
+1 Feb 1, 2018

Diana Obermeyer wrote:

... some agencies do. I don't work for them.

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazília
Local time: 18:26
Tag (2014 óta)
angol - portugál
+ ...
No Feb 2, 2018

Anton Konashenok wrote:

I'll join the chorus of my esteemed colleagues. Quoting a plaque seen somewhere many years ago:

THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT,
but it's up to us to decide if you ARE one

Excellent!

A témához tartozó oldalak:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

A fórum moderátora(i)
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you find some of your clients have overly-complicated terms for work and payment?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »