A témához tartozó oldalak:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you think that the payment morale of clients has deteriorated over the last few years?
Téma indítója: ProZ.com Staff
Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spanyolország
Local time: 12:00
Tag (2007 óta)
angol
+ ...
Far more agencies and translators nowadays Mar 14, 2016

The market has mushroomed in recent years to include vast numbers of translators who can't translate, agencies who couldn't manage a picnic for two, and end clients who haven't a clue. A lot of the new clients will be poor payers, either through incompetence or downright dishonesty. But I think there are the same number of honest and reputable players as always out there. Enough for me, anyway

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazília
Local time: 08:00
Tag (2014 óta)
angol - portugál
+ ...
A matter of choice Mar 17, 2016

Just like the clients chose the translators, we can and must chose our clients as well. We have a Blue Board and several other means to detect clients with low "payment morale" (whatever that means). I had very few issues with clients, for very low amounts. And I do have some clients that require a little "reminder" to pay. But no bad payers. I've learned how to avoid them, and it's not hard if you are able to do some good research and to read between the lines (of e-mails and proposals).

A témához tartozó oldalak:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

A fórum moderátora(i)
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you think that the payment morale of clients has deteriorated over the last few years?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »