Автор темы: Roland Nienerza
Roland Nienerza
Roland Nienerza  Identity Verified

Local time: 20:52
английский => немецкий
+ ...
Sep 1, 2010

Hello Word knowledgeables,

Could anyone tell me how I can restore my normal Word 2003 screen, because suddenly everything of what I would call for lack of a better term the "bottom line information", i.e. number of pages, types of display, language etc., has disappeared.

Everything else is as usual, but the pages of a displayed document go directly down tho the top line of the task bar and the information rim or ribbon of Word is not there. It has nothing to do with th
... See more
Hello Word knowledgeables,

Could anyone tell me how I can restore my normal Word 2003 screen, because suddenly everything of what I would call for lack of a better term the "bottom line information", i.e. number of pages, types of display, language etc., has disappeared.

Everything else is as usual, but the pages of a displayed document go directly down tho the top line of the task bar and the information rim or ribbon of Word is not there. It has nothing to do with the checkbox in the upper right corner, because the problem remains in either view, full screen or zoom screen.

I would be grateful for some help in this.

Roland Nienerza
Collapse

Roland Nienerza

английский => немецкий
+ ...
Автор темы
ok - problem solved Sep 1, 2010

I found the solution via a little detour in Google.

There is a button "status bar" in Tools>Options>View that has to be ticked.

Roland Nienerza

английский => немецкий
+ ...
Автор темы
still something missing Sep 1, 2010

I had before, in the lower left corner, four little symbols indicating the type of layout - normal, page view etc. - This is still not visible again. Does anybody know how to get this back?

Alison MacG
Alison MacG  Identity Verified
Великобритания
Local time: 19:52
немецкий => английский
+ ...
Go back to where you were ... Sep 1, 2010

... i.e. Tools>Options>View and this time make sure "Horizontal scroll bar" is checked. That should do the trick, hopefully.

Roland Nienerza

английский => немецкий
+ ...
Автор темы
Thank you, Alison - Sep 1, 2010

It did the trick indeed.

And I am as happy as Punch. Little use as one has of that indication, I alway feel quite uneasy if I do not have my usual working environment.

Thanks again.

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
Великобритания
Local time: 19:52
русский => английский
+ ...
Памяти
Live and learn Sep 1, 2010

I've been using Word 2000 (the same in this respect as Word 2003) for about nine years, and I'd never noticed those little View-indicating symbols!

[Edited at 2010-09-01 14:09 GMT]

Roland Nienerza

английский => немецкий
+ ...
Автор темы
Many people don't - Sep 1, 2010

but they provide an easy way to switch back to page view when - with Trados translating to fuzzy or for other reasons normal view is on and one wants to go back to page view.

I just now saw that there are options for this change also in the View menu. - It is as you say, live and learn, or with OG [Old German, as opposed to ND for Neudeutsch] "Man wird alt wie 'ne Kuh - und lernt immer noch dazu."

[Edited at 2010-09-01 14:11 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]
Prachya Mruetusatorn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bottom line information on Word screen no longer visible

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »