A témához tartozó oldalak:   [1 2 3] >
"Debta - Free International Debt Collection" - The answer we've been looking for?
Téma indítója: Clarisa Morales (X)
Clarisa Morales (X)
Clarisa Morales (X)
angol - spanyol
Nov 20, 2004

Hello everybody.

I got his e-mail a while ago. Is this the guardian angel we've been waiting for?

:: E-mail ::

Free Debt Collection!

Most freelance translators today have problems with clients who doesn't pay their invoices. If you don't collect them you’ve practically worked for free, and lost a large amount of time and money. What you need is a professional debt collection agency. Send your unpaid invoices to us, and we'll get them paid for
... See more
Hello everybody.

I got his e-mail a while ago. Is this the guardian angel we've been waiting for?

:: E-mail ::

Free Debt Collection!

Most freelance translators today have problems with clients who doesn't pay their invoices. If you don't collect them you’ve practically worked for free, and lost a large amount of time and money. What you need is a professional debt collection agency. Send your unpaid invoices to us, and we'll get them paid for you.

Our debt collection service is free of charge for you. You don't pay anything when submitting invoices for collection. Debta will though add the compulsory company collection fee to your original invoices when sending the debt demands to the debtor - which the debtor will pay, not you. Unlike other agencies, the recovered money is sent directly to you, not to the collection agency. Debta does not interfere with your cash flow.

Every freelance translator should stay in contact with a collection agency. Being a freelance translator is tough in this kind of competitive business, and even tougher when the customers don't pay for the work you've done.

Please visit our web site and read more about how we’ll proceed if you want professional help with collecting your unpaid invoices on www.debta.com

Best regards

DEBTA – International Debt Collection Agency
[email protected]
www.debta.com

:: End of e-mail ::

Best regards

Clarisa Morales

[Edited at 2004-11-20 11:22]

[Edited at 2004-11-20 11:27]
Collapse

Pamela Brizzola
Pamela Brizzola
Olaszország
Local time: 11:56
angol - olasz
+ ...
Really interesting Nov 20, 2004

If you browse the list of debtors this company shows in its site, you see that most of them are translation agencies (at least 5).
This means that freelance translators is a category at risk.

I think this would an interesting service to include in the discussions of the next Oxford Powwow.

Thank you

Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Olaszország
angol - olasz
+ ...
It's so sad Nov 20, 2004

I visited www.debta.com and I found their services very uselful and professional. I'm afraid I'll have to avail myself of their services very soon!

And, yes, Pamela I saw that at least 5 of those debtors are translation agencies.

It's so sad.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 05:56
WEBOLDAL ALAPÍTÓJA
Looks like Debta is focusing on the translation industry Nov 20, 2004

It appeared to me that all of the clients they list are translation agencies. Adding to this the fact that they are emailing translators, it seems clear that translation is a focus. I have inquired for more information.

Thanks for the link, Clarisa! And sorry to hear it about your need, mollyf...

Pamela Brizzola
Pamela Brizzola
Olaszország
angol - olasz
+ ...
Please do it Nov 20, 2004

Hi Henry
yes, please contact this company and get more information.

It would be useful if we get an agreement with them and we can also include their logo in our profiles (for Platinum members) and resumés. Maybe, our Platinum membership may include being offered immediate support from them.

I think this would prevent some clients from try and avoid paying invoices.

Regards
Pam

Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Lengyelország
Tag (2004 óta)
német - lengyel
+ ...
Their services are free, aren't they? Nov 20, 2004

Pamela Brizzola wrote:

It would be useful if we get an agreement with them and we can also include their logo in our profiles (for Platinum members) and resumés. Maybe, our Platinum membership may include being offered immediate support from them.

I am very sceptical about the idea. Why should another party pay extra 99 euro for paying ME my invoice? What are the tools they are using for collecting debts - mails and reminders? They have less than 10 debtors on the list...

Sorry, it seems to be completely naive. Well, if they would have some "strong men" as debt collectors on the payroll...

Cheers
Andrzej

[Edited at 2004-11-21 09:08]

Sheilann
Sheilann  Identity Verified
Spanyolország
spanyol - angol
No such thing as a free lunch Nov 20, 2004

This seems too good to be true. Fortunately, I have no need of their services at the present time, but I'd be interested to see other Prozians comments after they've used them.
Well worth investigating, but the proof of the pudding...

Schwabamädle
Schwabamädle
Kanada
angol - német
+ ...
I am not that pessimistic Nov 20, 2004

To me it looks like they are worse giving a chance, they don´t do it for free the debtors are paying a procentage to them. I like the idea that the company´s name shows up on there list and gets erased after they behave nicely.
If this does not work they get a court order. Well what is there to lose if you don´t have to pay anything?
There are many translators with outstanding invoices so I really think that they will make there money by recovering some bills maybe not all but a
... See more
To me it looks like they are worse giving a chance, they don´t do it for free the debtors are paying a procentage to them. I like the idea that the company´s name shows up on there list and gets erased after they behave nicely.
If this does not work they get a court order. Well what is there to lose if you don´t have to pay anything?
There are many translators with outstanding invoices so I really think that they will make there money by recovering some bills maybe not all but a few which is enough for them to get a good cut.

I guess we will see in the future.

Bye bye
Collapse

nordiste
nordiste  Identity Verified
Franciaország
angol - francia
+ ...
Free lunch ? I'm septical too Nov 21, 2004

I don't nedd their services either in the present time, but I am a bit curious (and suspicious).

1- Who are they ?
DEBTA • BOX 3036 • 20022 • MALMÖ • SWEDEN • [email protected]

The "head office" is in Sweden (but the adress is only a Post box) , and the branch office is in Bosnian. Nothing wrong with that. But then you would think that the Swedish legislation applies in case of dispute. However, it's no
... See more
I don't nedd their services either in the present time, but I am a bit curious (and suspicious).

1- Who are they ?
DEBTA • BOX 3036 • 20022 • MALMÖ • SWEDEN • [email protected]

The "head office" is in Sweden (but the adress is only a Post box) , and the branch office is in Bosnian. Nothing wrong with that. But then you would think that the Swedish legislation applies in case of dispute. However, it's not (see §5 - Dispute) .

..."5. Dispute
Any possible dispute with regard to how the co-operation agreement and its appendices, thereby also congruent judicial conditions, are interpreted and applied shall be decided in accordance with Bosnian legislation and by a common court of law with the district court of Sarajevo as the first instance. If the client’s domicile or business location is situated abroad, Debta has the right to direct conflicts to the General Court of Justice of the client, or to be solved by a one-member court of arbitration in accordance with the regulations of the Arbitration Institute of the Sarajevo Chamber of Commerce. Arbitration procedures shall take place in Sarajevo and follow Bosnian legislation." ...

What does "abroad" means in this context ? Anywhere except Bosnia ?

2- "Free of charge"
Is it, really ?
Maybe at the very begining of the procedure, but what happens after a few emails have been left unanswered ??
In "Terms and conditions" there is this small paragraph : "
The continued clarification of the contest will take place as separately agreed and hourly-charged legal work."
Who decides at what step does the initial clarification stops and the "continued" one starts ?

It sounds very much like they start their business, focus on tranlators and advertise an attractive package to get started. I guess that after they have sent a few standard mails and reminders (without any success !) they contact the translator and say something like "hey, this case is really a tough one. We need further investigation / file a claim in court / etc... so our dedicated team of experts will do it for you for a special fee .. blablabla ... "

Even if the debtor pays their "99 Euro collection fee" (which I doubt very much ; why would they?) it's surely not enough for any kind of action involving court or legal action. So someone has to pay for that (and for Debta making a living
Collapse

Pamela Brizzola
Pamela Brizzola
Olaszország
angol - olasz
+ ...
More info, of course Nov 21, 2004

Of course, our founder and moderators are going to look into this matter and I don't see why we have to be so pessimistic.
It could be useful.
Let's wait and see.

Pam

Andrzej Lejman
Lengyelország
Tag (2004 óta)
német - lengyel
+ ...
But why just them? Nov 21, 2004

Pamela Brizzola wrote:

Of course, our founder and moderators are going to look into this matter and I don't see why we have to be so pessimistic.
It could be useful.
Let's wait and see.

Pam

In each country there are enough debt collecting agencies, with methods ranging from soft to hard, depending on creditor's desperation...

As for me, I see cons only and pros are hardly to find.

Cheers
Andrzej

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
WEBOLDAL ALAPÍTÓJA
We won't be working with Debta Nov 21, 2004

The domain name registration indicates that Debta has a relationship with a person who has been banned from ProZ.com. We will therefore not be cooperating with this company.

Andrzej Lejman
Lengyelország
Tag (2004 óta)
német - lengyel
+ ...
Not even a free cup of tea, not to mention a lunch... Nov 21, 2004

Andrzej

Pamela Brizzola
Pamela Brizzola
Olaszország
angol - olasz
+ ...
Very good! Nov 21, 2004

Thank very much, Henry, for your research and information.
I do appreciate your making this point clear.

Pamela

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexikó
Local time: 03:56
angol - német
+ ...
has been banned? Nov 21, 2004

Henry wrote:
The domain name registration indicates that Debta has a relationship with a person who has been banned from ProZ.com. We will therefore not be cooperating with this company.

It seems he has still 2 ProZ.com profiles under his name (mind the umlaut).

A témához tartozó oldalak:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Debta - Free International Debt Collection" - The answer we've been looking for?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »