CAT storing of scanned documents
Auteur du fil: Jon Fedler
Jon Fedler
Jon Fedler
Local time: 17:57
allemand vers anglais
+ ...
Dec 20, 2003

I receive most of my translation material from clients by fax, even though I prefer e-mail. Whatever the reason, are CAT tools in general (or any in particular), capable of storing such documents?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Allemagne
Local time: 16:57
anglais vers allemand
+ ...
Not sure if I understand your question... Dec 20, 2003

...are you really talking about storage here, or are you looking for ways to process faxes etc. via a CAT tool?

I'm moving the thread to General Tech Support.

Best regards, Ralf

ncfialho (X)
ncfialho (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:57
allemand vers portugais
+ ...
It is possible, but... Dec 20, 2003

Hello,
if I understood your question you want to know if there is a way of processing faxes with a CAT tool.....not that easy. If the quality of the fax is very good you could try to a Text recognition software (OCR) to transform the fax (ups you have to scan it) into lets say a word doc.

What you need is a lot of luck, because quality of most faxes is very bad and then you need a good scan and a good OCR software.......

My advice: try to get your clients to send
... See more
Hello,
if I understood your question you want to know if there is a way of processing faxes with a CAT tool.....not that easy. If the quality of the fax is very good you could try to a Text recognition software (OCR) to transform the fax (ups you have to scan it) into lets say a word doc.

What you need is a lot of luck, because quality of most faxes is very bad and then you need a good scan and a good OCR software.......

My advice: try to get your clients to send you the document per email (be sure they dont send them as attached pictures).

Good Luck,
Natália
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Modérateur(s) de ce forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CAT storing of scanned documents

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »