A témához tartozó oldalak:   < [1 2]
Where to start from with Translation Tools?
Téma indítója: Andonova
Andonova
Andonova  Identity Verified
Egyesült Királyság
Local time: 23:01
bolgár - angol
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
One more question new bee stile Mar 25, 2016

Private customers very often send me small projects consisting of 10 -20 scanned pages in jpeg format. Can I open these files with a CAT tool?

Alexandre Chetrite
Alexandre Chetrite
Franciaország
Local time: 00:01
angol - francia
Don't forget about MetaTexis! Apr 25, 2016

Hi,
Nobody mentioned MetaTexis I believe. It is a plugin for Microsoft Office and works great! Of course it is less powerful than Trados, but I did many translations with the Pro version of MetaTexis and it's great.

But after all, it's your choice.

Merab Dekano
Merab Dekano  Identity Verified
Spanyolország
Tag (2014 óta)
angol - spanyol
+ ...
OCM Apr 25, 2016

Andonova wrote:

Private customers very often send me small projects consisting of 10 -20 scanned pages in jpeg format. Can I open these files with a CAT tool?

Some CAT tools have built in/integrated OCR (optical character recognition) capabilities. The safest option is to get a licence yourself. I believe we are not allowed to mention specific names, but there are some OCR software that work fine.

And do not forget to charge for the time you spend on running those files through your OCR software. Agree on rates on beforehand, though. This is not translation-related but formatting-related task.

A témához tartozó oldalak:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where to start from with Translation Tools?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »