John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Kanada
Local time: 19:49
Tag (2008 óta)
francia - angol
+ ...
Jul 20, 2013

I just received an unusual request from an agency based in Australia. They claimed they had obtained my CV from activehire.com, a website that I had never heard of before. They offered me the princely sum of $16/hour to join their global team of "freelancers and consultants" (the minimum wage here is $11).

The strange thing is that this website states quite openly that they copy CVs from other sites and promote this as an advantage. Apparently I am a "passive candidate" because I
... See more
I just received an unusual request from an agency based in Australia. They claimed they had obtained my CV from activehire.com, a website that I had never heard of before. They offered me the princely sum of $16/hour to join their global team of "freelancers and consultants" (the minimum wage here is $11).

The strange thing is that this website states quite openly that they copy CVs from other sites and promote this as an advantage. Apparently I am a "passive candidate" because I don't actively visit job boards and am therefore better qualified. Sounds like quite an interesting way of determining candidates qualifications!

Has anyone else heard of this type of operation? I've asked them to take my CV down - we'll see what happens.
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Lengyelország
Local time: 01:49
Tag (2002 óta)
angol - orosz
+ ...

MODERÁTOR
A WEBOLDALAT LOKALIZÁLÓ FORDÍTÓ
This site is a branch Jul 20, 2013

of Zillionresumescom - you can read more about their bisness at http://www.cswork.com/ZillionResumes.php ...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CV scraper site

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »