Is it possible to exclude camelcase words from the spell check?
Thread poster: Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

Local time: 00:39
German to English
+ ...
Mar 18, 2020

Is it possible to exclude camelcase words (and other notations) from the spell check?
I have a large technical document that produces hundreds of false positives.

Martina Klett
Martina Klett  Identity Verified
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
Possibility with QM v7.0 Mar 18, 2020

Hi Anthony,

there is a possibility in the spellcheck of QM v7.0 to ignore words that are used in the source text which could do the trick for the camelcase words. You have to check this option under System settings > General > Quality management v7.0 > Spellcheck (since I have the German version of the software, I am not sure about the exact name of the menu options).
Obviously you need Across v7.0 to do this and very likely the use of QM v7.0 in your project cannot be adde
... See more
Hi Anthony,

there is a possibility in the spellcheck of QM v7.0 to ignore words that are used in the source text which could do the trick for the camelcase words. You have to check this option under System settings > General > Quality management v7.0 > Spellcheck (since I have the German version of the software, I am not sure about the exact name of the menu options).
Obviously you need Across v7.0 to do this and very likely the use of QM v7.0 in your project cannot be added after setting up the project (using QM v7.0 must be integrated in the project setting templates). So maybe this tipp is only useful for your next project ...

Best,
Martina
Collapse

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Camelcase Mar 18, 2020

Martina

Thanks for your feedback, unfortunately I do not have the rights to make system settings.

Liselotte K. de Hennig
Liselotte K. de Hennig  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 19:39
Spanish to German
+ ...
Select the camelcase word and "add to dictionary" Mar 20, 2020

Are you able to select the word and choose "add to dictionary" from the context menu?
Perhaps this might help at least for the frequent ones.
My two cents

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
CamelCase Mar 20, 2020

Thanks. This I have done, but there are too many different word which makes it difficult to find an typos.

[Edited at 2020-03-20 22:00 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to exclude camelcase words from the spell check?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »