Thread poster: Johan Venter
Johan Venter
Johan Venter  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 15:36
Dutch to English
+ ...
Dec 23, 2010

I downloaded and installed the latest patch from Across (5.0, service pack 1), which now includes the handy machine translation option. For some reason the machine translation option is not shown under System Settings > General, and I only see anything related to that under Project Settings Template, but here the option 'Enable machine translation' is grey and I cannot enable the option.

Can anybody help me or point me in the right direction to enable this function?

Liselotte K. de Hennig
Liselotte K. de Hennig  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 10:36
Spanish to German
+ ...
Plugin of the respective MT system Dec 23, 2010

I only found this:

Configuration of MT Systems in Across
To integrate an MT system in Across, store the plugin of the respective MT system on the
client side. For this purpose, store the plugin in the subfolder \Across\plugin\mt of the
Across installation directory (usually C:\Program Files\Across) on the client.
Please note that the plugin must be stored on the client side. In other words, the plugin must
be stored locally on every computer on which th
... See more
I only found this:

Configuration of MT Systems in Across
To integrate an MT system in Across, store the plugin of the respective MT system on the
client side. For this purpose, store the plugin in the subfolder \Across\plugin\mt of the
Across installation directory (usually C:\Program Files\Across) on the client.
Please note that the plugin must be stored on the client side. In other words, the plugin must
be stored locally on every computer on which the machine translation is to be performed (i.e.
usually on the host of the Across supervisor and on the hosts of the project managers).

But I don't know where you can get the plugin.

Across offers specific help in its manual:

Please feel free to contact our Professional Services team for MT-related issues such as the
following:
- General advice on MT systems and their integration in Across
- Setup and training of MT systems (e.g. on the basis of Moses as license-free solution)
A license is required for using machine translation in Across. For information on this, please
contact your partner at Across Systems GmbH or send an e-mail to [email protected].
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Machine Translation option

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »