languageSMAR (X)
languageSMAR (X)
United States
Local time: 14:46
Italian to English
+ ...
Dec 9, 2010

Hello,

I had some issue while translating an e-mail with the personal edition.

When I open the file, I am not actually able to proceed with the translation and can only translate the first line > "Dear Mr.XXX".
What I see is just the entire e-mail as a paragraph.
"Dear Mr XXX,

it is my pleasure... "

I tried to click 'enter' (after Dear Mr. XXX) to go to the next line ("it is my pleasure"), but it is not working.

I have
... See more
Hello,

I had some issue while translating an e-mail with the personal edition.

When I open the file, I am not actually able to proceed with the translation and can only translate the first line > "Dear Mr.XXX".
What I see is just the entire e-mail as a paragraph.
"Dear Mr XXX,

it is my pleasure... "

I tried to click 'enter' (after Dear Mr. XXX) to go to the next line ("it is my pleasure"), but it is not working.

I have to say that the e-mail is lacking some punctuation.
How can I solve this?
Collapse

Liselotte K. de Hennig
Liselotte K. de Hennig  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 15:46
Spanish to German
+ ...
Alt+Ctrl+Enter Dec 10, 2010

Hello,
to accept the translation and go to the next line you need to hit Alt+Ctrl+Enter.

I would open the mail anyway, add the punctuation needed and open the fixed one in across to make sure that the segments saved in the crossTank make sense.

Regards

AAV
AAV
Local time: 01:46
Use "shift + enter" Dec 14, 2010

languageSMART wrote:

If I've got the problem correct, you need to apply some kind of carriage return?
You can use shift+enter, or you can copy carriage return symbol from the source text using ctrl+C/ctrl+V.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating an e-mail - Bad formatting

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »