Problem installing Wordfast 5
Téma indítója: Carol Burry
Carol Burry
Carol Burry
Local time: 20:22
olasz - angol
Oct 6, 2007

I am having problems installing Wordfast 5. I have opened the document "wordfast.doc" and set macro security to low. The instruction on the screen is to "type ctrl + alt + W". When I do this nothing happens. I wonder if I need to have Microsoft Office. I am using Open Office so my guess is that it is not installing becuase I don't have the correct word processing software. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Hollandia
Local time: 21:22
Tag (2006 óta)
angol - afrikaans
+ ...
You need Microsoft Word Oct 6, 2007

Carol Burry wrote:
I wonder if I need to have Microsoft Office. I am using Open Office so my guess is that it is not installing becuase I don't have the correct word processing software.

Wordfast is a macro written in Microsoft Word's macro language, Visual Basic. The people developing OpenOffice.org hasn't added Visual Basic to it yet.

If you want to use a CAT tool with OpenOffice.org, why not give OmegaT a try?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem installing Wordfast 5

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »