How can I make "reference" files in xml format "translatable" in 2014?
Téma indítója: Nagme Yazgin
Nagme Yazgin
Nagme Yazgin  Identity Verified
Egyesült Királyság
Local time: 12:04
angol - török
+ ...
Aug 20, 2014

Hi there,

I have a folder with a bunch of files to be translated, however some of them back been recognized as "References", therefore the wordcount is not correct for the whole project.

During project creation, I tried to change the type into "Translatable" from "Change file usage", but I am getting this message:

The file usage of 1 of the 1 selected files was not changes to translatable, because no matching file type could be found. You have to add a suit
... See more
Hi there,

I have a folder with a bunch of files to be translated, however some of them back been recognized as "References", therefore the wordcount is not correct for the whole project.

During project creation, I tried to change the type into "Translatable" from "Change file usage", but I am getting this message:

The file usage of 1 of the 1 selected files was not changes to translatable, because no matching file type could be found. You have to add a suitable file via Project Settings.

I am lost.

I just want Trados to count the "Reference" as "words to be translated" and show in the Report Analysis so I can see the total word count, inclusing Translatable, Localizable AND Reference.

How do I do that?

Thanks,
NY
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I make "reference" files in xml format "translatable" in 2014?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »