Téma indítója: Rosina Peixoto
Rosina Peixoto
Rosina Peixoto  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 02:59
angol - spanyol
+ ...
Nov 11, 2008

I have just received this email involving FedEx.

I am sorry to encroach into your privacy through this manner; we have a certified cheque of $300,000 in our custody that belongs to you. This cheque was brought to my desk last week by a lady who gave us your e-mail address to contact you on the delivery. We wait your response soonest.

Email:[email protected]
FedEx

If only we could stop this illegal practice.

Regards

Jennifer Forbes
Jennifer Forbes  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:59
francia - angol
+ ...
Az Ő emlékére:
"BMW" prize Nov 13, 2008

Maybe you should forward this fabulous offer to BMW to let them know what's being sent in their name?
I like the suggestion that London is in Lincolnshire - so convincing!
Best wishes (and congratulations),
Jenny

JPW (X)
JPW (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:59
spanyol - angol
+ ...
About Rosina's post Nov 13, 2008

I recognise some of the details you posted, which may be subsequently modified by moderators, including the address and the e-mail. A quick google search will show you it's just one of many.

The prize that I had 'won' was the so-called "Yahoo internet lottery". The idea that a town can be in London and another English county simultaneously is, frankly, laughable.

It's a classic 419 scam. BMW already know about it and have
... See more
I recognise some of the details you posted, which may be subsequently modified by moderators, including the address and the e-mail. A quick google search will show you it's just one of many.

The prize that I had 'won' was the so-called "Yahoo internet lottery". The idea that a town can be in London and another English county simultaneously is, frankly, laughable.

It's a classic 419 scam. BMW already know about it and have issued warnings BTW.

On a lighter note, I did win a genuine lottery last night - £100. Well done me! Better than a slap in the face, anyway...
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Csehország
Local time: 07:59
angol - cseh
+ ...
A nice site here Nov 13, 2008

Hi all,
perhaps you might want to have a look at the following site: www.419eater.com
Real fun...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

More scams...

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »