Different rates in different language pairs
Téma indítója: Piotr Wargan
Sophia Hundt (X)
Sophia Hundt (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:06
orosz - angol
+ ...
Agencies in general Sep 1, 2006

You know, I just about don't work with agencies altogether, only with one, which pays reasonably. I really hate to share the profit - so I work with direct clients just about all the time. Pay faster, too, and more. Usually the money agencies offer for the amount of time spent are less than if I spent that time growing and selling sweet corn (pretty low return, believe ya me).

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Svédország
Local time: 11:06
angol - svéd
+ ...
Discrimination? Sep 4, 2006

Piotr Wargan wrote:

The title of my topic has been changed ... Not by me.

Now it looks as if there was a problem of different rates for different language pairs. That was not what bothered me.

Hi Piotr,

Maybe I got you wrong, but Natalya mentioned the word "discrimination" and I got the impression that you supported her view.

My point is that offering different rates for different language pair has nothing to do with discrimination.

My interpretation of the agency's posting is just that a non-native tried to express something in English, and came across as a bit clumsy by calling it "expected cost". No reason for nitpicking...

/Jan

A témához tartozó oldalak:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Different rates in different language pairs

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »