Image visibility problem translating RTFs w/ WordFast, Search & Replace from funduc.com
Téma indítója: Galina Labinko Rodriguez
Galina Labinko Rodriguez
Galina Labinko Rodriguez  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:57
spanyol - orosz
+ ...
Feb 26, 2003

Hi,

I\'ve been translating RTF documents using WordFast. Some of them contain drawings (web page layout and menues), which I translated. All of the drawings have the same text in different files. So when I needed to correct few words, instead of opening files one by one and editing, I used the program Search and Replace from http://www.funduc.com to replace the word in all drawings. Now, when I open my files I don\'t se
... See more
Hi,

I\'ve been translating RTF documents using WordFast. Some of them contain drawings (web page layout and menues), which I translated. All of the drawings have the same text in different files. So when I needed to correct few words, instead of opening files one by one and editing, I used the program Search and Replace from http://www.funduc.com to replace the word in all drawings. Now, when I open my files I don\'t see the drawings. However, when I search for a word with Search and Replace, it finds this word OK. I opened the files on another PC and the drawings are visible. The most amaizing thing is that I keep the original files in my e-mail. They have not been edited. When I open them, the same result - no drawings. I uninstalled FardFast, but no drwaings. What could it be???????????
Collapse

Gilda Manara
Gilda Manara  Identity Verified
Olaszország
Local time: 22:57
német - olasz
+ ...
try this... Feb 26, 2003

Hi, it happens sometimes that WordFast changes the standard options of Word. Try this: from the toolbar of Word click on Tools ->Options -> check Drawings (under Print and Web Layout Options. The drawings should appear again...

Good luck

Gilda

Galina Labinko Rodriguez
Galina Labinko Rodriguez  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:57
spanyol - orosz
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
:) :) :) :) Feb 26, 2003

It works.Thank you a million. I feel so relieved. What a great thing to have Proz!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

A fórum moderátora(i)
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Image visibility problem translating RTFs w/ WordFast, Search & Replace from funduc.com

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »