Comunican
Comunican
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:49
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 2, 2007

Hi everyone
I have tried dozens of times to get Wordfast to work iwth PowerPoint, as the manual says it should. I have Windows XP, Wordfast 5.50z and PowerPoint 2003.
Each time, I followed the instructions exactly (see below), but absolutely nothing at all happens apart from a message at the bottom of the Word screen that says "End of translation session. Thank you for using Wordfast".... What can possibly be wrong? anyone have any clues?
Thanks

Here are the instru
... See more
Hi everyone
I have tried dozens of times to get Wordfast to work iwth PowerPoint, as the manual says it should. I have Windows XP, Wordfast 5.50z and PowerPoint 2003.
Each time, I followed the instructions exactly (see below), but absolutely nothing at all happens apart from a message at the bottom of the Word screen that says "End of translation session. Thank you for using Wordfast".... What can possibly be wrong? anyone have any clues?
Thanks

Here are the instructions I followed exactly:
1. Start Excel (or PowerPoint or Access), open the sheet (or presentation or table), place the cursor in the cell (or slide/shape or record/field) where the translation should begin (note: do not actually enter the cell/shape/field, as when you want to edit it - just position the cursor on it).
2. Go back to Ms-Word, start a Wordfast translation session on an empty Ms-Word document.
Collapse

Catherine Bolton
Catherine Bolton  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:49
Italian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Strange... May 3, 2007

Hi,
That's the right procedure. You open up your Excel or PP file and then go to a blank Word page, open up your WF toolbar and then use the down arrow (or alt+down). The source and target boxes should come up on the Word page for you to translate. In PP, it will then update each slide at the end of the slide, rather than segment by segment.
In any case, it looks like you're doing the right thing.
Have you tried the Wordfast gro
... See more
Hi,
That's the right procedure. You open up your Excel or PP file and then go to a blank Word page, open up your WF toolbar and then use the down arrow (or alt+down). The source and target boxes should come up on the Word page for you to translate. In PP, it will then update each slide at the end of the slide, rather than segment by segment.
In any case, it looks like you're doing the right thing.
Have you tried the Wordfast groups (yahoo)?
http://www.wordfast.org/site/mailing.html
If you scroll down to "mailing lists", you'll find a link. You need to sign up, but yahoo groups are free.
HTH
Catherine
Collapse

Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:49
French to English
Text boxes? May 3, 2007

If the PPT text is in text boxes, rather than typed 'directly' onto the slide, then my version of WF skips over it (as it does in Word documents).

I'm not sure how this would apply to your problem with Excel and Acess though, so perhaps this is not the cause....

Milan Pavlas
Milan Pavlas
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
This might clarify a little May 3, 2007

http://www.proz.com/post/534708#534708

NMR (X)
NMR (X)
France
French to Dutch
+ ...
Some ideas May 4, 2007

- everything else must been closed (all other Word documents)
- try to "ungroup" the slides
- it is possible that all the slides are images, not text; in this case there is no solution

WF has its limitations for translationg PPT files. My main problem was that after one or two sllides it was copying the codes into the PPT document. I stopped working with WF on PPT files because it is much easier to translate without. If text boxes are repeating themselves, in the heading
... See more
- everything else must been closed (all other Word documents)
- try to "ungroup" the slides
- it is possible that all the slides are images, not text; in this case there is no solution

WF has its limitations for translationg PPT files. My main problem was that after one or two sllides it was copying the codes into the PPT document. I stopped working with WF on PPT files because it is much easier to translate without. If text boxes are repeating themselves, in the heading for instance, copy them.

Besides in Excel the carriage returns within a cell constitue a problem too.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast does not work at all with PowerPoint for me

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »