Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 16:33
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Jul 30, 2004

Today I posted twice a question related to the use of Wordfast on the main list at Yahoo. But it seems the moderator(s) don't like me or find the subject awkward.
Perhaps here someone can answer, here is the text of my second message, posted 1 hour ago (since then many new postings have appeared on the list):

"This question was posted by me this morning but someone must have deleted it...

How to proceed when translating Word-files with Wf, when there are internal
... See more
Today I posted twice a question related to the use of Wordfast on the main list at Yahoo. But it seems the moderator(s) don't like me or find the subject awkward.
Perhaps here someone can answer, here is the text of my second message, posted 1 hour ago (since then many new postings have appeared on the list):

"This question was posted by me this morning but someone must have deleted it...

How to proceed when translating Word-files with Wf, when there are internal links to graphics, headings and chapters. The user presses ctrl and clicks on the links and is taken to the object in question.
When I translated a 100 page doc with 100+ graphics and the same amount of links all links showed Error-message after cleanup.
Trados seems to have a Bookmark-macro, which should be run befor translation and after cleanup, but is there one in wordfast. I read the plustools-manual but could not find anything about this subject.
Any experience?

Regards

Heinrich Pesch
Finland
WF-license since 4/2003
"
Collapse

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:33
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Both questions are in the Yahoo group Jul 30, 2004

No need to be suspicious, Heinrich,

New members are moderated for a short time to avoid spam in the newsgroup and otherwise your questions just roamed a bit in cyberspace.

Regards,
Gerard

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 16:33
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry, if I was a bit hasty... Jul 31, 2004

...but so was my customer. After all I'm no new member, registered at the groop since at least a year. But the issue is settled already.
Regards
Heinrich

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mainlist squashes my support-questions

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »