Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
罗马尼亚
Local time: 14:42
正式会员 (自2003)
English英语译成Romanian罗马尼亚语
+ ...
May 20, 2004

Dear all,

I use Wordfast and every time I move to the next segment, the key set changes automatically to another language. I have to change it back to Romanian every time I start a segment. This is very annoying. Do you happen to know what could be wrong?

TIA,
Dan

Rishi Miranhshah
Rishi Miranhshah  Identity Verified
加拿大
正式会员 (自2003)
English英语译成Panjabi旁泽普语
+ ...
WordFast -> Setup -> General -> May 20, 2004

In WordFast -> Setup -> General -> "when translating, set target language segment to be -
"TM's target language"

Or make Romanian to be Word's default language and chose this option from the same menu.

See, if solves the problem.

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
波兰
正式会员 (自2004)
English英语译成Polish波兰语
+ ...
Moved the topic .. May 20, 2004

to the CAT Tool Technical Help forum.

Magda

Dan Marasescu
罗马尼亚
正式会员 (自2003)
English英语译成Romanian罗马尼亚语
+ ...
主题发起人
Thanks May 20, 2004

Thank you Rishi. I'll try. Unfortunately, I cannot change the settings "in the middle of a document". It wouldn't let me. But it should work for the next one.

Thank you Magda and sorry. I forgot about this CAT forum.

Rishi Miranhshah
Rishi Miranhshah  Identity Verified
加拿大
正式会员 (自2003)
English英语译成Panjabi旁泽普语
+ ...
No, Dan, you <b>can </b> actually May 20, 2004

even in the middle of the document.

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
芬兰
Local time: 15:42
正式会员 (自2003)
Finnish芬兰语译成German德语
+ ...
First leave wf May 21, 2004

Dan Marasescu wrote:

Thank you Rishi. I'll try. Unfortunately, I cannot change the settings "in the middle of a document". It wouldn't let me. But it should work for the next one.

Thank you Magda and sorry. I forgot about this CAT forum.

Press alt+End and leave Wordfast, then you can change the settings. Make sure Word's automatical language recognition is switched off.

Dan Marasescu
罗马尼亚
正式会员 (自2003)
English英语译成Romanian罗马尼亚语
+ ...
主题发起人
Still doesn't work May 21, 2004

Thank you all for your help, but I couldn't fix it. I changed the settings to "When translating, change target segments language to TM's target language". Then I made sure the language recognition function is not active in Word and set the default to Romanian. I selected a glossary with Romanian as target language and still the language changes with every new segment. And the best part is that it doesn't even change to the same language every time!!

Please help!

Dan

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
法国
正式会员 (自2003)
English英语译成Dutch荷兰语
+ ...
Maybe it's the keyboard language shortcut May 21, 2004

Maybe this part of the Wordfast manual helps:

Many translators have multiple keyboards (usually, the language code is visible in the taskbar like this:), and the system uses an Alt combination to toggle keyboards. If this is the case, in Windows, use the Control panel, then "Keyboard", then look at the shortcuts used to change keyboard: turn them off (this is recommended since keyboards are better changed with the mouse, willingly) or adapt them. Keyboard-changing shortcuts that wor
... See more
Maybe this part of the Wordfast manual helps:

Many translators have multiple keyboards (usually, the language code is visible in the taskbar like this:), and the system uses an Alt combination to toggle keyboards. If this is the case, in Windows, use the Control panel, then "Keyboard", then look at the shortcuts used to change keyboard: turn them off (this is recommended since keyboards are better changed with the mouse, willingly) or adapt them. Keyboard-changing shortcuts that work in combination with the Alt key interfere with Wordfast.

Regards,
Gerard
Collapse

Deborah Shannon
Deborah Shannon  Identity Verified
德国
German德语译成English英语
Windows hotkeys under Regional & Language options May 21, 2004

Hi Dan,

I'm working from the menus and options on Windows XP here - try going into:

- Control Panel
- Regional and Language Options
- Languages tab
- "Details" button beside "Text services and input languages"

On the Settings tab where you set your default input language, etc., at the bottom, is a Preferences panel.
Select "Key Settings" button
There you'll find the key sequence that's causing the problem (hot keys for input
... See more
Hi Dan,

I'm working from the menus and options on Windows XP here - try going into:

- Control Panel
- Regional and Language Options
- Languages tab
- "Details" button beside "Text services and input languages"

On the Settings tab where you set your default input language, etc., at the bottom, is a Preferences panel.
Select "Key Settings" button
There you'll find the key sequence that's causing the problem (hot keys for input languages).

Use "Change key sequence" to change the hot keys, either to NONE if you never need to switch keyboards, otherwise to some combination that doesn't clash with Wordfast key combinations.

All the best, Deborah
Collapse

Dan Marasescu
罗马尼亚
正式会员 (自2003)
English英语译成Romanian罗马尼亚语
+ ...
主题发起人
Problem solved May 23, 2004

I think I solved the problem. Thank you all for your help.

Dan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with key set in Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »