TagEditor doesn't recognize MultiTerm - Problem solved
Thread poster: Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
Germany
Local time: 06:16
English to German
Jan 21, 2006

I run TagEditor, Trados Workbench and MultiTerm, all three Freelance 7.1 (the latest release).

Problem: I can display the MultiTerm toolbar in TagEditor, but it is grayed out, so I can't search for a term by highlighting it and clicking the Multiterm Lookup button on the toolbar.

Context: TagEditor and Workbench recognize the licence file; Multiterm does not seem to have an option for licence. MultiTerm is loaded with two MDBs, in which I can look up terms alright as
... See more
I run TagEditor, Trados Workbench and MultiTerm, all three Freelance 7.1 (the latest release).

Problem: I can display the MultiTerm toolbar in TagEditor, but it is grayed out, so I can't search for a term by highlighting it and clicking the Multiterm Lookup button on the toolbar.

Context: TagEditor and Workbench recognize the licence file; Multiterm does not seem to have an option for licence. MultiTerm is loaded with two MDBs, in which I can look up terms alright as long as I don't try to do it directly from TagEditor.

Question: How do I tell TagEditor that MultiTerm is there?

Ricki

[Edited at 2006-01-21 18:15]
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You have to switch term recognition on in Workbench Jan 21, 2006

and select the termbases you need.

To do so, go to Tools, Term recognition options and make the necessary changes there.

After that TAG Editor should be able to use MT.
BTW, you do not need to have Multiterm running to perform these operations.

HTH
Jerzy

Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
That does the trick Jan 21, 2006

Thanks, Jerzy, for debugging my brain

Ricki

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor doesn't recognize MultiTerm - Problem solved

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »