Thread poster: Elías Sauza
Henning Bochert (X)
Henning Bochert (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:08
English to German
+ ...
Same thing: Roderfeld Sep 13, 2011

I just wanted to add my share here: got the first two messages by one Werner Roderfeld (alledgedly), but won't pursue this due to the messages in this thread. Thanks, guys and girls.

Best -

Henning

Sorry for the delay.Am out of town to Spain,I will be coming to Germany in 4weeks.I need translator to translate up to 14,200 source of words for me from English to German, Subject Area is Business management.I a
... See more
I just wanted to add my share here: got the first two messages by one Werner Roderfeld (alledgedly), but won't pursue this due to the messages in this thread. Thanks, guys and girls.

Best -

Henning

Sorry for the delay.Am out of town to Spain,I will be coming to Germany in 4weeks.I need translator to translate up to 14,200 source of words for me from English to German, Subject Area is Business management.I agree your total charges of 1,400euro for this project.Part payment will be issued out before commencement of work for i do understand it is necessary since we working online.

Here is my information

Name..... Werner Roderfeld
ADDRESS.. CALLE DE SANTIAGO RAMON Y CAJAL, 60
CITY..... HUMANES DE MADRID.
ZIP CODE. 28970
STATE.... MADRID,
COUNTRY.. SPAIN
TELEPHONE..672539965

Thanks for your quick response,I am from Germany but cant write very good in German.I am glad to have you as my freelancer translator.Your total is euro 1400 is acceptable,I will offer 30 percent down-payment will be issued out before commencement of work for i do understand it is necessary since we working online and balance after completion of project.Deadline is 3weeks.Please note that i will be paying with Euro Travelers Check and i am expecting the best from you.

Please confirm your information to issue out payment

Collapse

Isabelle Richard
Isabelle Richard  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
"The same scam reported, now English-French" Sep 20, 2011

Another one here, same method, with a different name.
be careful, this is a travellers cheque scam! I reacted on time and just hope other colleagues won't get fooled!

Best regards,

Hello ,

Thank you for your write up.Sorry for the delay.Am out of town to Spain.I need translator to translate 14,500 source of words for me from English to French, Subject Area is Business management.I attached a sample text, so you have an understanding of t
... See more
Another one here, same method, with a different name.
be careful, this is a travellers cheque scam! I reacted on time and just hope other colleagues won't get fooled!

Best regards,

Hello ,

Thank you for your write up.Sorry for the delay.Am out of town to Spain.I need translator to translate 14,500 source of words for me from English to French, Subject Area is Business management.I attached a sample text, so you have an understanding of the document. Please let me know the total charges for this project.Part payment will be issued out before commencement of work for i do understand it is necessary since we working online.

Here is my address..
Name..... Brigitte Cavadias
ADDRESS.. CALLE DE SANTIAGO RAMON Y CAJAL, 55
CITY..... HUMANES DE MADRID.
ZIP CODE. 28970
STATE.... MADRID,
COUNTRY.. SPAIN
TELEPHONE..672539965

Your information is need for background check, please send in this information:

FULL NAME:
CONTACT ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP-CODE:
VALID PHONE:
MOBILE NUMBER:
HOURS FOR AVAILABILITY:

Regards
Collapse

Carole Beylier (X)
Carole Beylier (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
"Brigitte Cavadias" - Travelers cheques - FRAUD Oct 10, 2011

Hello

I confirm, don't take these jobs, it's a fraud : the idea is they offer you a job for 700€ or so, pay you 3000€ in travelers cheques, claim it's a mistake but you just need to go to your bank and reimburse the extra money by western union to a contact they give you. You will do so because you can see the 3000€ on your bank account, but a few weeks later your bank will claim you the money back because the travelers were fake (they are not checking right away). So you loos
... See more
Hello

I confirm, don't take these jobs, it's a fraud : the idea is they offer you a job for 700€ or so, pay you 3000€ in travelers cheques, claim it's a mistake but you just need to go to your bank and reimburse the extra money by western union to a contact they give you. You will do so because you can see the 3000€ on your bank account, but a few weeks later your bank will claim you the money back because the travelers were fake (they are not checking right away). So you loose 2300€, basically...

Never accept to do a western union transfer, that's the lesson to learn from this !
Collapse

Joao Correia
Joao Correia  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:08
English to Portuguese
+ ...
? Jan 10, 2014

Honestly, I received a payment for the exact amount he owed me, so I can't complain, all went well.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The same scam reported, now English-Spanish

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »