Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Powwow: Arrecife - Spain

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Arrecife - Spain".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:51
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Confirmation from me Feb 27, 2016

Kim Edwards-Buarque wrote:
Hope you`re sitting down Sheila - the Bocaina Strait it is!

Have you hired a catamaran for a mid-straits powwow?.
La Bulla is a nice bar/tapas restaurant on the Charco San Gines

Ah, that's better, I'll certainly be at La Bulla for midday on 12 March.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Karin Hinsch
Karin Hinsch  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:51
Spanish to German
+ ...
Confirmation from me too Feb 27, 2016

I'll be there

Looking forward to our first meeting.

Neil O'Mahony
Neil O'Mahony
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thanks for the invite, but I can't make it Mar 8, 2016

I'm not very active in translation at the moment, but my thanks go to Kim for the invitation.
Unfortunately I am unable to arrange flights to visit.
Indeed it's good to know there are quite a few English translators in the Canaries.
I wish all you a big medicine Powwow

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Just a little request Mar 8, 2016

We're going to stay overnight to check out Puerto del Carmen's nightlife and revisit Teguise market. My husband John - who isn't a translator but does speak the same languages as me and writes lyrics - isn't planning on coming to the lunch but he'd like to have the possibility, in case his plans go awry or the weather is abysmal. Is that OK with everyone? I'll take silence as tacit acceptance. Shame you aren't coming, Neil, as you... See more
We're going to stay overnight to check out Puerto del Carmen's nightlife and revisit Teguise market. My husband John - who isn't a translator but does speak the same languages as me and writes lyrics - isn't planning on coming to the lunch but he'd like to have the possibility, in case his plans go awry or the weather is abysmal. Is that OK with everyone? I'll take silence as tacit acceptance. Shame you aren't coming, Neil, as you two could have had a chat about aerodynamics and quantum mechanics. He doesn't find me much of a sparring partner in those areas.Collapse

Kim Edwards-Buarque
Kim Edwards-Buarque  Identity Verified
Spain
Portuguese to English
+ ...
The more the merrier! Mar 8, 2016

Your husband is most welcome Sheila, even if the weather's good

Thanks for getting in touch Neil, be sure to come to the next one!

By the way everyone, I am waiting for the menus from La Bulla to post here so that we can take a look beforehand. The do some Group Menus at around 8€ per head, though of course everyone can choose their own if preferred, they serve tapas too so each one can decide what they sp
... See more
Your husband is most welcome Sheila, even if the weather's good

Thanks for getting in touch Neil, be sure to come to the next one!

By the way everyone, I am waiting for the menus from La Bulla to post here so that we can take a look beforehand. The do some Group Menus at around 8€ per head, though of course everyone can choose their own if preferred, they serve tapas too so each one can decide what they spend.

I'm looking forward to it, see you soon!
Kim
Collapse

Kim Edwards-Buarque
Kim Edwards-Buarque  Identity Verified
Spain
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Menus Mar 8, 2016

Hi all,

La Bulla has group menus that start from 13 Euros per head - I wanted to post them here but there doesn't seem to be an option to do that.
If you´d like them in advance I could send by email? Please advise and I will do so.
Either that or we can just decide there and then what we´s like to do.

See you Saturday
Kim

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Arrecife - Spain

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »