https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/297920-cntl_enter_shortcut_not_working_in_trados_studio_2011.html?set_site_lang=hun

Cntl Enter shortcut not working in Trados Studio 2011
Téma indítója: Rosalind Howarth
Rosalind Howarth
Rosalind Howarth  Identity Verified
Egyesült Királyság
Local time: 23:26
Tag (2008 óta)
francia - angol
+ ...
Feb 5, 2016

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone has any idea how to fix this. The 'Control + Enter' keyboard shortcut that I normally use to confirm a segment is not working, so I have to right-click each segment and choose 'confirm this segment...'. It is taking forever!

I have also tried 'Alt + Add' and this doesn't seem to do anything either.

It was working before I had a PC crash at the end of last year (the power supply failed), but I can't see how this could be related, a
... See more
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone has any idea how to fix this. The 'Control + Enter' keyboard shortcut that I normally use to confirm a segment is not working, so I have to right-click each segment and choose 'confirm this segment...'. It is taking forever!

I have also tried 'Alt + Add' and this doesn't seem to do anything either.

It was working before I had a PC crash at the end of last year (the power supply failed), but I can't see how this could be related, as the keyboard is working fine.

I am using Studio 2011.

Thanks!
Collapse

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Dánia
Local time: 00:26
Tag (2010 óta)
angol - norvég: bokmal
+ ...
Try a repair installation Feb 5, 2016

It could be the crash upset the settings of Studio, so I would try a reinstallation. The shortcut is application specific, I believe, so that may help.

Stefanie Sendelbach
Stefanie Sendelbach  Identity Verified
Németország
Tag (2003 óta)
angol - német
+ ...
Alternative shortcuts Feb 5, 2016

Hi Rosalind,

I had a similar problem once, apparently caused by a particular file or file type. Only Ctrl+Alt+Enter would confirm and move to the next segment. Ctrl+Enter did not work. The cursor simply remained in the segment. Or try AltGr+Enter.

Good luck!

Stefanie

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spanyolország
Tag (2004 óta)
spanyol - angol
Delete the 3 xml settings files Feb 5, 2016

This solution seems to work:
https://community.sdl.com/products-solutions/solutions/customer_experience_cloud/language/translationproductivity/f/90/t/5316

Rosalind Howarth
Rosalind Howarth  Identity Verified
Egyesült Királyság
Local time: 23:26
Tag (2008 óta)
francia - angol
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
Issue resolved for now.. Feb 5, 2016

Thanks everyone, this has been really useful. Stefanie, I'm pleased to say that AltGr+Enter did work so I'll be using that for now. Thanks for the tip!

Roy – I am hoping to upgrade to Studio 2015 within the next couple of weeks, so I hope the issue will be resolved when I install the new version!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cntl Enter shortcut not working in Trados Studio 2011

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »