Thread poster: Michel de Goey
Michel de Goey
Michel de Goey  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:36
English to Dutch
+ ...
Feb 8, 2010

After a computer crash and re-installing Trados Suite 2009, the mouse behavior is different from before. I normally doubleclicked on a source word to select it and rightclicked to add a new term to the termbase. Now a doubleclick on any word in the source segment copies the complete segment to the target segment, overwriting existing text.

I can't find an option in the software to change that behavior. Any ideas?

Michel

Jiri Domzal
Jiri Domzal
English to Czech
+ ...
Hi Feb 10, 2010

I have the same problem - using unhappily shift + cursor keys:(! Let me know please if you come to some solution.

Michel de Goey
Michel de Goey  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
There's more Feb 10, 2010

Even with the the Ctrl+Arrow keys a selected word means the source segment is copied to the target. Now discovered that selecting any word in the target, also copies the entire source to the target...

To be honest: I can't work with Trados this way...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suddenly changed mouse behavior?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »